Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Follow-on from Big Toad

Follow-on from Big Toad

Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Follow-on from Big Toad

I heard that in the Amazon there are toads which you can lick, and get a trip off (never tried it, DIMIA)

Is there anything that people do strange things to in Australia for pleasure?
Odd question maybe, but just curious in light of previous knowledge about Amazonian Toads!
Cas
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:08 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Follow-on from Big Toad

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I heard that in the Amazon there are toads which you can lick, and get a trip off (never tried it, DIMIA)

Odd question maybe, but just curious in light of previous knowledge about Amazonian Toads!
Cas

Taken from Ananova.....Id love to get my sister in law in on this!

Australian police investigate 'scary' wrestling

Australian police are investigating an extreme wrestling match in which competitors were showered with drawing pins and fought in rings surrounded by barbed wire.

Organiser face heavy fines and jail terms if they are found to have breached legislation governing contact sports.

The event, promoted by Professional Championship Wrestling, was held in Melbourne in front of a crowd of 700.

The Age reports that at least one competitor was taken to hospital and needed stitches.

Callers to a local radio station complained that spectators had been showered with blood.

The Professional Boxing and Contact Sports Board is investigating PCW. Under legislation, competitive events such as wrestling must have permits and be the subject of inspections.

But PCW spokesman Dave Mitchell told the paper the event was theatrical and did not require the permits.

He added: "We've been operating for almost two years. Everything is scripted. Spectators believe what they want to believe. This is not a competition."

Mr Mitchell said spectators with children were advised to leave before the extreme section. He added: "We don't deny it is scary, but it is entertainment."
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:11 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Taken from Ananova.....Id love to get my sister in law in on this!

Australian police investigate 'scary' wrestling

Australian police are investigating an extreme wrestling match in which competitors were showered with drawing pins and fought in rings surrounded by barbed wire.

Organiser face heavy fines and jail terms if they are found to have breached legislation governing contact sports.

The event, promoted by Professional Championship Wrestling, was held in Melbourne in front of a crowd of 700.

The Age reports that at least one competitor was taken to hospital and needed stitches.

Callers to a local radio station complained that spectators had been showered with blood.

The Professional Boxing and Contact Sports Board is investigating PCW. Under legislation, competitive events such as wrestling must have permits and be the subject of inspections.

But PCW spokesman Dave Mitchell told the paper the event was theatrical and did not require the permits.

He added: "We've been operating for almost two years. Everything is scripted. Spectators believe what they want to believe. This is not a competition."

Mr Mitchell said spectators with children were advised to leave before the extreme section. He added: "We don't deny it is scary, but it is entertainment."

Jeez Lucyb you see worse than that watching Dirty Sanchez!! Top program.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Cas
LOL, that's hilarious!

I imagine you'd get the same kick from Cane Toads as they're poisonous too and from the Americas! Not that I'll be trying it......will you?
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
LOL, that's hilarious!

I imagine you'd get the same kick from Cane Toads as they're poisonous too and from the Americas! Not that I'll be trying it......will you?
No, too ugly - the Amazonian ones are pretty (I think).
Anyway, I am not licking anything that doesn't turn into my Prince - or was that kissing, and she was probably tripping anyway!
Cas
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:27 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Cas
No we are very boring (in my house, we get our kicks by eeking out treats of orange flavor 'After 8's' & Adnams beer from our container, while watching DVDs of 'Yes Minister' & 'Dinner ladies'....)

Sad, innit...?

Wonder if the have 'magic mushrooms' here?

Anya.

Last edited by anya4oz; Oct 25th 2004 at 10:33 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

No, too ugly - the Amazonian ones are pretty (I think).
Anyway, I am not licking anything that doesn't turn into my Prince - or was that kissing, and she was probably tripping anyway!
Cas
carolinegorka, i worry about you!!!!!!

bob x
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Wonder if the have 'magic mushrooms' here?

Anya.
Yes they do. Not that I'd er, know anything about it of course!