Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying Singapore airlines to Bris, 3rd July, anyone else??

Flying Singapore airlines to Bris, 3rd July, anyone else??

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice
Default Flying Singapore airlines to Bris, 3rd July, anyone else??

After an 18 month visa application journey, myself and my almost 9 year old son are flying to Brisbane via Singapore July 3rd from Heathrow. I just wondered if anyone else was doing the same trip?? Would love to arrange pre flight drinks in Heathrow airports highly acclaimed bar!!
Bobbie
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:57 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flying Singapore airlines to Bris, 3rd July, anyone else??

Congratulations...

Do you have any idea where in Brisbane you are heading and what your plan is? I've been here 10 years now and still remember the excitment of jumping on that plane not having the faintest idea what was going to happen at the other end!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Congratulations...

Do you have any idea where in Brisbane you are heading and what your plan is? I've been here 10 years now and still remember the excitment of jumping on that plane not having the faintest idea what was going to happen at the other end!!
I have a job at Royal Brisbane Hospital but still not sure where to live. Probably around Kedron area. It seems pretty central from what i have read. Dont want to be right in the city. Yes, its so excited. I have wanted to return since 1999 and have had a long hard journey to make it possible. All worth it now though!! Where about are you?
Bobbie
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:25 am
Just Joined

givemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nice

Hey! Just wanted to say hi. We have been in Brisbane for 2 months now and I am working at the Mater Hospital as a midwife. Did a transfer to the Royal last week though and it looks pretty nice there. If you need any help let us know - would be glad to help. Know what it is like!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:35 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bobbie
I have a job at Royal Brisbane Hospital but still not sure where to live. Probably around Kedron area. It seems pretty central from what i have read. Dont want to be right in the city. Yes, its so excited. I have wanted to return since 1999 and have had a long hard journey to make it possible. All worth it now though!! Where about are you?
Bobbie
Kedron is nice enough - and certainly convenient for RBH. I assume you've looked at real estate availability and prices? Good luck finding a place, rentals are very thin on the ground and tennants are queuing up to snatch places as soon as they become available - be prepared to move quickly and offer to pay a few months in advance to sweeten the deal in your favour!

I live in "The Gap" (about 12km west of the CBD on the edge of Brisbane Forest Park) - its a great family area nestled in amongst the bush-covered hills.

We have been in Brisbane for 2 months now and I am working at the Mater Hospital as a midwife
Oh crikey - you might work with my wife!! (Also a Mater-midwife!). Why the transfer to RBH?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:37 am
Just Joined

givemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nicegivemecoffee is just really nice

Hey! No I haven't transfered to the Royal - I just went on a transfer with a patient. Sorry for the confusion! I love the Mater - everyone has been so great and welcoming. So yep I may well work with your wife!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:40 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobbie
After an 18 month visa application journey, myself and my almost 9 year old son are flying to Brisbane via Singapore July 3rd from Heathrow. I just wondered if anyone else was doing the same trip?? Would love to arrange pre flight drinks in Heathrow airports highly acclaimed bar!!
Bobbie
You moving out just as the Jacksons are moving in? You'll miss all the fun.