flying with Quantas ....

Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:47 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default flying with Quantas ....

are they anygood ?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:52 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: flying with Quantas ....

Originally posted by stephenwhite68
are they anygood ?
Basically exactly the same as BA.

100% safety record tho!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by kala
Basically exactly the same as BA.

100% safety record tho!!!!

Thought they lost that a few years ago. Perhaps I am wrong?!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:55 am

What about leg room and entertainment ...
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:03 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by darkless
I cant see anything in the aircrash database - but it could well be out of date.

Not sure about legroom in Cattle Class - I flew 1st with them - no complaints
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

I flew a BA / Quantas combo to OZ in 2002. Went BA to Singapore and Quantas from Singapore to Melbourne and all round Australia.

In my humble opinion the BA flight was far superior. Comfier seats, what seemed like more room, seat back TVs. The Quantas (Singapore to Melbourne) flight had no seat back TVs - just the large screen at the front of the cabin section.

It seemed like a very old plane, which more than likely has been refurbed by now but this was our experience.

I also found Quantas to be fairly unhelpful aboard. I have a nut allergy and despite telling the trolley dolly at breakfast that I didn't require the nut laden pastry, she got the right hump because I asked her to put it back in her trolley and not leave it on my table. Bizarrely every one of the 5 Quantas flights I took had some kind of nut based product in the food. Granted I hadnt informed them of my allergy as it is not a majorly-serious-die-if-i-see-a-nut kind of allergy, but still every flight!!!

Dave
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty poor I'm afraid.
My son flies them all the time but in business class which is meant to be OK.
As I said earlier check out Malaysian. more legroom and better service.

good luck

G
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I stand corrected

http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/asia.htm
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:08 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I think they still have it but again I could be wrong. (Usually am)

Not a great fan of wither BA or Qantas, too stuffy for my liking

Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:11 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

I stand corrected

http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/asia.htm
I just love these aircraft type threads!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:13 pm

Originally posted by NedKelly63
I just love these aircraft type threads!!!!

Glad to be of service !!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:14 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qantas

I have flown Qantas many times in coach.
They are mean with drinks (if you like few)
They definitely lost their safety record a few years ago! I remember this but no details.
Qantas, like BA, have a mixture of new and old planes. The newer ones you get comfier seats and the TVs in the back of the headrests meaning better entertainment for you and esp. the kids! When I make the inevitable one-way trip, I will insist my travel agent discover (if I am going with ANYONE) to determine iof coach class has the TVs as my kids will need them and I will need my kids to have them! Not sure if the travel agent can discover which planes are being used at which time but I feel this is necessary.
Funny but most Qantas trolley dolleys are male (ish!)
I would not rate BA or Qantas too highly on coach class and I fly out using both numerous times a year. Cathay, Malaysia, Singapore, Thai are all superior but you have to prefer Asian food. The only one that is worst would be KLM. Air France and Lufthansa as good as BA and Qantas.
PS: I hate flying!
Just my opinion and I am a hell of a frequent flier!

Andrew
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:16 pm
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

Hi there!

Been to Oz twice with Qantas, last trip was in February.

I like them. Personal TV/Entertainment system for each passenger. Food was find in my opinion. Put it this way - we didn't go hungry. You get regular meals and a snack pack for through the night.
Found the hostesses friendly although didn't have too much interaction with them.

I haven't travelled another airline to Oz so really hard to compare.

But - I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

T
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:17 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a slight failure to stop at the end of the runway.......everyone ok!
Attached Thumbnails flying with Quantas ....-qf1.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:17 pm

Thanks T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.