Flying with Qantas

Flying with Qantas

Old Mar 8th 2006, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flying with Qantas

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Hi
Just be warned that the 1st item all day on the news yesterday was Qantas are starting strike actiom. The company have announced 8000 jobs to be cut as they move their maintainence over seas and the strike are in protest. The plan is to disrupt the commonwealth games.

Neil.

Thanks for that Neil ... I'll keep an eye out.

QANTAS from the UK code share with BA. I would have thought that BA would make up for any flights that QANTAS strike on.... but it's worth checking.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:22 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lloydmav
I'm flying out with Qantas in just under 4 weeks, I usually go with Emirates or Singapore Airlines

What are peoples experiences flying with Qantas, are they any good in terms of space, food, delays, service etc ?

Thanks

Lloyd
Flown several times with Qantas and NEVER AGAIN!!

I would not fly with them if they offered me a free first class upgrade.

Appalling service!

Just my opinion though
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Each person flying must join the Qantas frequent flyer program, join as uk residents via the Qantas website its free this way saving $80.00. You may earn about 10,000 points each from uk to australia, you are able to then transfer these into one persons frequent flyer account. They are worth about 2c for each point, best to have them even if you dont use them for 20 years.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
My other half took a Mogodon to knock himself out on the flight, but unfortunately he didn't realise that we had a stop off. THe lack of sleep combined with the sleeping pill meant that he became paralysed ... It was a weird side effect but the only thing he could move was his eyelids. At first the cabin crew thought there was something seriously wrong with him until I woke up and told them what he'd done.

So they called these ambulance guys who took us off the plane (him in a Hanibal Lecter type wheely thing, all strapped in) and me staggering behind. After an hour he'd come round and could talk but couldn't walk but they decided we could get back on the flight anyway. We got back on, and the rest of the flight was uneventful. We slept pretty much the whole thing apart from the odd wake up for food!

How stupid were we?!!!

So yeah, it was an amazing flight!
LMFAO
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if this has anything to do with Qantas

But arrived back in Eire last Saturday after a three week recce to OZ and slept for about 3 days; had pounding hedaches; sore back, legs, neck and this is day 7 since I returned.

I'm beginning to think someone from the singapore changeover brought on a mozi in their hand luggage and zapped me with some hiddeous debilitating viral condition.

I'm totally fecked.

PS. Just to add insult to injury, this was after me contracting food poisoning whilst I was in Perth. (I was one of the lucky 100 or so poor fecks who ate the woolworth branded alfalfa sprouts) I had severe cramps for a week.

PPS I loved my recce down under.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
Each person flying must join the Qantas frequent flyer program, join as uk residents via the Qantas website its free this way saving $80.00. You may earn about 10,000 points each from uk to australia, you are able to then transfer these into one persons frequent flyer account. They are worth about 2c for each point, best to have them even if you dont use them for 20 years.

Good tip! Thank you... I'll check it out.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stephen
Dont know if this has anything to do with Qantas

But arrived back in Eire last Saturday after a three week recce to OZ and slept for about 3 days; had pounding hedaches; sore back, legs, neck and this is day 7 since I returned.

I'm beginning to think someone from the singapore changeover brought on a mozi in their hand luggage and zapped me with some hiddeous debilitating viral condition.

I'm totally fecked.
Sounds like you got flu ... or 'flew' ...
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

As far as leg room on Quantas is concerned on their 747-400, I was in the cheap seats but I thought the leg room was awful. I am 6ft 1" and I really struggled. It didt help that the teenager in front of me insisted for thw whole flight to have her seat reclined as far back as possible. But what can you do? It's her choice and right.

Anyone went club class or similar and what their experience has been..with seats , legs , service?? (oh, and cost?)
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:16 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen
As far as leg room on Quantas is concerned on their 747-400, I was in the cheap seats but I thought the leg room was awful. I am 6ft 1" and I really struggled. It didt help that the teenager in front of me insisted for thw whole flight to have her seat reclined as far back as possible. But what can you do? It's her choice and right.

Anyone went club class or similar and what their experience has been..with seats , legs , service?? (oh, and cost?)
Qantas is good business class. Flat beds on long haul. You pay for it of course and will find Singapore cheaper and probably a better option.

Always had decent service to be honest. Although if I compare it to Singapore Airlines or any of the asian carriers I would prefer to fly with them service wise.

As to economy I'm afraid that Qantas are the same as BA, Singapore, Emirates etc in relation to seat pitches. I'm guilt of always reclining my seat, afterall its a damn uncomfortable long flight anyway and you may as well make the most of every cm.