Reload this Page >

Flying pregnant with Singapore Airlines

Flying pregnant with Singapore Airlines

Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

biba is on a distinguished road
Default Flying pregnant with Singapore Airlines

Hi, everyone!

We are planning to travel to Melbourne in early December with SIA, when I will be 28 weeks pregnant.

Has anyone done this recently? I read on this forum that they don't ask for any med certificate and will let you fly until you're 35 wks. When we rang them today, the guy said they will require a doctor's cert that I'm fit to fly - he didn't sound to sure, tho.

I am now confused as well as a bit worried :scared:, as someone here said that many GPs won't give you such certificate!

I have to keep my blood pressure down, so any reassuring experiences welcome!

Many thanks,
Mrs B.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:47 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flying pregnant with Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by biba
Hi, everyone!

We are planning to travel to Melbourne in early December with SIA, when I will be 28 weeks pregnant.

Has anyone done this recently? I read on this forum that they don't ask for any med certificate and will let you fly until you're 35 wks. When we rang them today, the guy said they will require a doctor's cert that I'm fit to fly - he didn't sound to sure, tho.

I am now confused as well as a bit worried :scared:, as someone here said that many GPs won't give you such certificate!

I have to keep my blood pressure down, so any reassuring experiences welcome!

Many thanks,
Mrs B.
I don't know the answer, however I would suggest ringing Singapore Airlines directly. www.singaporeair.com for the number or drop them an email

Good luck

PJ
Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flying pregnant with Singapore Airlines

Airlines usually accept pregnant women as passengers up to 28 weeks but then ask for a note from your doctor saying you are fit to fly. After 36 weeks you will not usually be allowed to fly. Plan any holidays or trips well in advance and try to avoid long haul flights in the second half of pregnancy. Planes can be very cramped and the pressurised cabin can cause swollen feet and discomfort even in non pregnant passengers.

It says to avoid long flights, but I think that is from a comfort point of view rather than safety. LOL maybe an excuse for an upgrade.
I copied this from the babyworld website - I hope it helps.

From Katie.

Last edited by KatieStar; Sep 11th 2004 at 8:08 pm.