Flying to Oz

Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:07 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flying to Oz

Hi everyone,

Flying to Oz in 5 weeks and 6 days...not that I'm counting. Any recommendatins for the flight? Have the flight socks...anything else you suggest as vital?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:19 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flying to Oz

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
Hi everyone,

Flying to Oz in 5 weeks and 6 days...not that I'm counting. Any recommendatins for the flight? Have the flight socks...anything else you suggest as vital?

Er - Plane, maybe one with fuel

I recommend a bottle or two of water, never have enough.
A change of clothes / underware - feels very nice after a long flight!
Bateries for the MP3 / tape player - work out how namy you need and only have that many!
A book to read - When the conversatin dies!
A few snacks - sweets or chocolate - nice to have some.

baby wipes and nappies, grows, clothes, bottles, books for your children!

bye
Mark
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

Short legs are essential in my opinion
Not good if you're over 6 foot.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 5:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markeh

baby wipes and nappies, grows, clothes, bottles, books for your children!

bye
Mark
My girls are 13 and 10. I don't really need nappies, grows and bottles for them do I That will take us over weight limit :scared:
Old Nov 5th 2005, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Earplugs (helps you sleep, cuts out a lot of engine noise), a small bottle of water (Muji sell little spray bottles and it helps keep eyes/nose moist), large bottle of water to drink and a neck pillow. I also bought my other half an MP3 player to keep him happy.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 7:31 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

A business class ticket ?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sujy will become famous soon enoughSujy will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

We are flying out on the 28th November to Melbourne. We have booked with Cathay Pacific so we can stay in Hong Kong for a few days.

As a migrant you can book a flight with double baggage allowance - as long as you have not entered Oz already since you obtained the visa.

This means that you can get 40kg instead of 20kg if you travel via the east and 64kg instead of 32kg if you travel west via america.

Hope this helps - good luck

Su J
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:29 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yonk
Earplugs (helps you sleep, cuts out a lot of engine noise), a small bottle of water (Muji sell little spray bottles and it helps keep eyes/nose moist), large bottle of water to drink and a neck pillow. I also bought my other half an MP3 player to keep him happy.

Ah,
I remember I had an neck pillow, but the wife nicked it and never gave it back

Mark
Old Nov 5th 2005, 8:30 pm
Happy Daddy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My girls are 13 and 10. I don't really need nappies, grows and bottles for them do I That will take us over weight limit :scared:

Take care with the words, a couple of years more and they might :scared:

I thin I'm going to send my daughter to a monistry

Bye
Mark
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough
Default How do you entertain a two year old on a flight that long???

How do you entertain a two year old on a flight that long???

Im so concerned that the baby is gonna drive me bonkers. Its a hard enough flight when you are child free.....any one had experience of taking a young child!!!

Oh yeah and do we have to pay full price on flight tickets???
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

lucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant future

Ah,
I remember I had an neck pillow, but the wife nicked it and never gave it back

Mark
I second the neck pillow - i did my first stint of my flight without one and couldnt get comfy to sleep - then bought a neck pillow for the second part and managed to sleep.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyloo
I second the neck pillow - i did my first stint of my flight without one and couldnt get comfy to sleep - then bought a neck pillow for the second part and managed to sleep.
The best ones to get are the blow up ones with a flat bit in the middle so your head can touch the back of the chair but will be supported when you flop sideways and start dribbling
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The best ones to get are the blow up ones with a flat bit in the middle so your head can touch the back of the chair but will be supported when you flop sideways and start dribbling
Neck pillow (flat panel much easier than totally inflated one) is the only way to get to sleep without waking up with a very stiff neck because you flopped forward or sideways.....doesn't always work - I was awake for the entire trip out this year....but better than nothing.

The other thing we did was have two short stops (DUB/SIN) and that helped as you can go off for a walk etc rather than only the one stop.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 6:32 pm
Happy Daddy

Default Re: How do you entertain a two year old on a flight that long???

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
How do you entertain a two year old on a flight that long???

Im so concerned that the baby is gonna drive me bonkers. Its a hard enough flight when you are child free.....any one had experience of taking a young child!!!

Oh yeah and do we have to pay full price on flight tickets???

Hiya,
we found that our daughter who was a baby was ok, sept most of the time, ate, shat and slept some more (baby life is sooo dull)

Now the two year old that was next to us was something else :scared:

I think drugs may be an answer, in the kindest possible way. Something to make em sleep, I think someone wrote that travel tablets had that affect.

Bye
Mark
Old Nov 6th 2005, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: How do you entertain a two year old on a flight that long???

Hiya,
we found that our daughter who was a baby was ok, sept most of the time, ate, shat and slept some more (baby life is sooo dull)

Now the two year old that was next to us was something else :scared:

I think drugs may be an answer, in the kindest possible way. Something to make em sleep, I think someone wrote that travel tablets had that affect.

Bye
Mark
i also take travel calm pills as they knock me out....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.