Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying out Sunday 20th April

Flying out Sunday 20th April

Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flying out Sunday 20th April

Hi there, just wondered if there were any other families emigrating on Sunday flying with Emirates at 9.15pm, destination Brisbane. Heard lots of scary stuff about Dubai Airport and as only go under 2 hours before we board next plane a little worried about getting lost!!! Thought we could stick together so we dont miss flights etc., and have a good chinwag re big move to pass the endless amounts of time waiting to get there!!

Carley
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:07 am
I'd rather be climbing

mkargo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flying out Sunday 20th April

Not on your flight, but I've been through Dubai before. The only problem I had was when I was travelling with a colleague - we had one hour between flights which should have been plenty. But.... flight leaving Manchester was delayed half an hour, then it took an extra quarter of an hour to get the plane to the right gate after we land. Still got 15 minutes we thought, no problem. Then at security, my colleague forgot to remove his belt and the thing beeped at him. We spend the next five minutes there while security check him and his bag! Got to the gate five minutes before departure (after running at full tilt through the terminal) to find they'd closed the gate and were taking our bags off the plane!!! We ended up hanging around two hours for the next flight

I hope you have a far less eventful journey!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi there, just wondered if there were any other families emigrating on Sunday flying with Emirates at 9.15pm, destination Brisbane. Heard lots of scary stuff about Dubai Airport and as only go under 2 hours before we board next plane a little worried about getting lost!!! Thought we could stick together so we dont miss flights etc., and have a good chinwag re big move to pass the endless amounts of time waiting to get there!!

Carley
HI Carley

Every time we've flown from Glasgow to Perth we've only had two hours in Dubai and its never been a problem....apart from when they shout last call for your flight 45 minutes before boarding time and you;re in duty free and you drop it and run (and it's a big blinkin airport but pretty straighforward) to get there and find everyone just sitting at the departure gate and nobody actually boarding!!!!!! You'll be fine and here's wishing you all the best in your new life.

Nikki
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

hya carley

not on any flights to Australia yet although we have flown through Dubai a few times (with 2 children) and never had any problems there. everytime had to wear transit stickers and told where to be at what time to be there.

also where r u heading to??

and finally good luck with yr move
ceri
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

My OH went though there on her way to visit me in China last year and she managed to go through immigration without realising she had, not a major issue except they confiscated the duty free she ws bringing me (no whisky for another 8 weeks as a result )
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:08 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Don't forget you can't take paracetamol, calpol or ibuprophen into Dubia
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Don't forget you can't take paracetamol, calpol or ibuprophen into Dubia
I have before twice and never got questioned about it.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bournes

Carley
Good Luck & have a safe journey.
Michelle
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:24 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
I have before twice and never got questioned about it.

Me too!
I had all 3 in my hand luggage but i've heard since its illegal in Dubai
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya....

We go on the 20th, but with Air New Zealand to Sydney via LA & Aukland.

We have flown with Emirates before and our flight was delayed coming in to Dubai, so we legged it to the other gate, but still had plenty of waiting at the gate, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Good luck
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Pat14 is on a distinguished road

Not on your flight but we fly 15 june same time and same place!!!!!!!! with 2 young kids lets hope we get to connection ok aswell lol