Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying out to NZ today

Flying out to NZ today

Old Aug 9th 2003, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flying out to NZ today

Hi All

We fly out to NZ today from Heathrow at 22.00. We are going to Brsibane for 4 days for a short break, before flying into Auckland. We plan to spend 8 days in Auckland and surrounding areas meeting friends and I have an all day interview whilst there. we then go travelling for 2 weeks.
Some of you may remember we posted an itinerary which was best described as a Japanese Travel guide. We have now trimeed it back to do less over the same time period.

This trip will be a holiday and a fact finding trip. I finished my job in the uk yesterday having worked there for over 10 years. The house sale is 3 weeks into the process and we are due to complete mid Sept (fingers crossed on that one).
As I said I have an interview which looks very promising.

If any one has any tips on anything at all at this very stage then please do send them through.
Also, what is the weather like in Brisbane and Auckland at the moment. We have packed but could make some last minute changes.

We will keep you posted over the next 4 weeks on how we get on, and if anyone wants and specific info whilst we are over, just ask.

I cant believe are finally going. It doesnt seem real, but that becuase we have had soooo much going on with Job, House, Holiday . . . .

Paul

"If you dont try you will never know"
"What do you have to lose"
Old Aug 9th 2003, 1:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane at present is a lot cooler than Brighton (UK) - about 24 apparently.... my Bloke flies in at 3pm on Sunday for his first experiences of the Uk, and can't believe that the weather will be hotter here! Make sure you go up to the Sunshine Coast - just to the north, good scenery and far less commercial than the Gold Coast - and Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin) is up that way - if you have the time. When in Brisbane go down to the South Bank - good walk along the river through the parkland, and take a trip along the river itself on the City Cat. Lovely city, and less commercial/busy than Sydney.
Don't know anything about Auckland, but hope you enjoy it and manage to get some stuff sorted for when you move - and good luck with the interview!
Keep us all posted..........
Old Aug 9th 2003, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul,

just to say all the very best with your travelling and interview and everything. Hope it al works out as you hope and hope you have a fantastic holiday also!! I would say a good mixture of clothing would be safest. We have friends who are just back last week and said they were in t-shirts while the locals had jumpers and coats on so I suppose a lot willl depend on your own thermostat!!

Sounds like things are already slotting into place nicely with house sale underway etc. so a job offer will sort you out nicely!! Wishing you all the very best with that and a safe journey too!!

Look forward to you keeping in touch with us! Take care!
Old Aug 9th 2003, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for tips.
Polyana, we are actually going to Auz zoo on Wednesday and on tuesday going to Moreton Island to the Tangalooma resort for a Whale watch and Dolphin feeding session, so will get the trip along the river.
I will go for a walk along the south bank as you suggest.

As for clothes, i made a call to NZ last night and I think we have got it all sorted.

Only 4 hrs till we leave and 9 till we fly.
In this hot weather its really hard to get stuff done and we still havent finsished. Very last minute, but we will get there.

Will write when we get to Brisbane.

Paul
Old Aug 9th 2003, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Pastor, have a good trip, good interview, and enjoy every minute of it.
Keep us all posted when you can.

Whisky
Old Aug 9th 2003, 10:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Get your photo taken with a snake draped round your neck at Oz Zoo! Not as scary as it sounds, and we ended up with a superb picture (which is now on my visa file!) and all my rellies think we are really brave!
Also, you must see the croc feeding - it is brilliant - just the size of those jaws........ wonderful day out!
Sounds like you've got Brisbane sorted -look forward to reading your impressions.
Have fun!!