Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying our 2 cats to Brizzie?? $$$$

Flying our 2 cats to Brizzie?? $$$$

Old May 6th 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

BSherlock will become famous soon enoughBSherlock will become famous soon enough
Default Flying our 2 cats to Brizzie?? $$$$

Two cats that my misses won't leave!

I know it’s going to cost me a bloody fortune!

Anyway I am after an idea of how much it will cost?

I am aware that they have to go to Sydney first and then to Brisbane. Anyone had any quotes/ experience of which companies get them there in one piece?

Thanks

Ben
Old May 6th 2005, 12:26 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying our 2 cats to Brizzie?? $$$$

Originally Posted by BSherlock

I am aware that they have to go to Sydney first and then to Brisbane. Anyone had any quotes/ experience of which companies get them there in one piece?

Thanks

Ben
Not far short of £1000 each by the time you have paid for jabs, chips and quarantine. It would be cheaper to take a person.
Old May 6th 2005, 12:30 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Ben
An absolute arm and a leg, but average seems to be about £1000 each! Bless the little darlings tho', they are worth every penny!! Lots of threads recently about costs, companies to use and DIY options, so might be worth doing a search on.

Rgds,
Nicky
Old May 6th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

We're flying our 2 cats to Brisbane in a fortnight with Golden Arrow. As people said above, it's about 1000 (pounds) each, but you have to add on a bit to transfer them from Sydney to Brisbane then (we're budgeting a couple of hundred for that). Golden Arrow were helpful with putting us in touch with pet carriers in Oz who will transfer them from quarantine to your new home.

Sophie
Old May 6th 2005, 2:44 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Hello!

Before I start - come on you Blues! Great pic. Chelsea FC forever.

We're taking our hooligan cat with Par Air Services. We was going to use Golden Arrow, but they are too far away and you need to take the cats there yourself.

Our is just over £1000, can't remember exact figure, but something like that.

Good luck x
Old May 7th 2005, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thanks

Ben
Hi as someone said, there are loads of threads discussing this topic, but our 3 cats recently arrived from quarantine in Sydney to our place in Brisbane.

We used a Scottish company, that I would recommend, but it's obviously not handy for you. Golden Arrow get a good write up, and I did investigate other options and was impressed with their customer service.

Price wise, for 3 cats, Edinburgh to London to Sydney, plus 4 weeks in quarantine, plus flight to Brissy (using company Dogtainers..ask for Errol great guy), was about £2500
:scared: but you know what they say, they're worth it! If you want any contact details pm me.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Hi

Just bumped another post on here about pets, that might help.

Jane
Old May 7th 2005, 8:28 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

We are taking one cat with us to Brisbane and we have been quoted £1191.00 (vat not applicable) by Airpets Oceanic but this does not include microchipping, jabs, quarantine in Oz or getting him to Brisbane.

We have been quoted £1041.00 by Ladyhaye Interntional. Again this does not include chipping, jabs, quarantine in Oz or getting him to us in Brisbane.

Does this sound to everyone else???

Shelley
Old May 7th 2005, 7:05 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by logan
Hi as someone said, there are loads of threads discussing this topic, but our 3 cats recently arrived from quarantine in Sydney to our place in Brisbane.

We used a Scottish company, that I would recommend, but it's obviously not handy for you. Golden Arrow get a good write up, and I did investigate other options and was impressed with their customer service.

Price wise, for 3 cats, Edinburgh to London to Sydney, plus 4 weeks in quarantine, plus flight to Brissy (using company Dogtainers..ask for Errol great guy), was about £2500
:scared: but you know what they say, they're worth it! If you want any contact details pm me.
Hi Tara

Pet travel services have quoted me 1700 for our dog Poppy to fly to Sydney from edinburgh :scared: That dosen't include my vet fee's here or quarantine expenses in Sydney. We will be driving down ourselves to collect Poppy and bring her up to Brisbane (we will make a short holiday out of it!)

Lynn
Old May 7th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Tara

Pet travel services have quoted me 1700 for our dog Poppy to fly to Sydney from edinburgh :scared: That dosen't include my vet fee's here or quarantine expenses in Sydney. We will be driving down ourselves to collect Poppy and bring her up to Brisbane (we will make a short holiday out of it!)

Lynn
Hey you! Have sent you pm (you were on same time as me!) If you want any info on quarantine let me know, and should you decide to fly her up in the end, I'd recommend Dogtainers and ask for Errol. Great guy.
Old May 8th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Not far short of £1000 each by the time you have paid for jabs, chips and quarantine. It would be cheaper to take a person.
Cheaper to buy another one here.
Old May 8th 2005, 10:33 am
AuSsIe ChIcK!!!

chloegroovy will become famous soon enoughchloegroovy will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Flying our 2 cats to Brizzie?? $$$$

Hiya
its probably gonna cost u a bomb!!!
My dad wont let me take my cat!!!
thanx
chloe