Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying my Boxer dog to brisbane

Flying my Boxer dog to brisbane

Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Flying my Boxer dog to brisbane

We are going to Brisbane we are heading out around the beginning of November no later than the 18th November. Im trying to get sorted and the dog is on top of the list for us. We live in Cumbria does anyone know of a reasonable priced company that would come to us and help us to do all the process? I understand that the dogs can t go straight to Brisbane as there is no quarantine there would the company sort everything out?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying my Boxer dog to brisbane

Originally Posted by ormrod7
We are going to Brisbane we are heading out around the beginning of November no later than the 18th November. Im trying to get sorted and the dog is on top of the list for us. We live in Cumbria does anyone know of a reasonable priced company that would come to us and help us to do all the process? I understand that the dogs can t go straight to Brisbane as there is no quarantine there would the company sort everything out?
Yes the company you choose should sort everything out. What you may need to bear in mind now is getting quarantine space for your pet. I assume, as you are going to Brisbane, you will want to fly your pet into Sydney, where there is a quarantine station. However, spaces are limited. We are moving to Brisbane in October and got quotes for our 4 cats earlier this month and were advised then to get import permits (need these before you can book quarantine) as getting a place can be difficult. The company we chose (Airpets) recieved our import permits last week and the first quarantine space available for them at Sydney was 27 October. Could be different for dogs, not sure. There are quarantine stations at Melbourne and Perth, but I believe space at these is even more limited. So given your timeframe, choose a pet export company now (or apply for permits yourself in meantime) so you can book a place. Hopefully someone else may reply and recommend other pet companies you can look at as well.
Good luck
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kitty4
Yes the company you choose should sort everything out.
.... Good luck
i was told the animal must then stay in a quarantine for 3 months after arriving. Is this correct?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:54 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sa2oz
i was told the animal must then stay in a quarantine for 3 months after arriving. Is this correct?
I think its a month C x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sa2oz
No 30 days.
Tracie
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello stranger!!!!

We just shipped our boxer last week.
We used Golden Arrow to fly her from the UK to Sydney.We've just had quotes to collect her from quarantine and fly her to Brisbane from Dogtainers, Skypets and Transpets.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:45 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask what sort of cost is involed in transporting pets? We have 1 dog and 1 cat......... C x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Can I ask what sort of cost is involed in transporting pets? We have 1 dog and 1 cat......... C x
Cost us £2000 for our boxer from UK to Sydney all depends on size
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:02 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

The dog is good for jumping small puddles at best. I'd recommend a large aeroplane such as a Boeing 747 for the trip to Australia
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:07 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

We flew 2 dogs and a cat from UK last year. We chose Airpets to take care of things and cannot fault them. They send you all the paperwork so that you can fill it in and return. They will then sort the import permits out and book the quarantine station. Ours went to Eastern Creek, Sydney, where the station was only a third full, so space a plenty. Airpets will arrange a suitable time to collect your pets for transportation to their kennels.
When you arrive in Oz, call the quarantine station, that is if your pets are already there, and the staff will give you a run down on how your pet is. They will also give you mobile numbers of the carers looking after your pet. Oh, and don't forget to give them your address in Australia, so that they know where to send the final invoice.
We flew our pets up to Brisbane on completion of quarantine, and used dogtainers. A thoroughly professional company with the pets welfare at heart. You can either have your pets brought to your house or you can collect from the airport. We collected, totally hassle free, and if you don't want your pets travel kennel, you can leave it there and they dispose.

Neil.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hello stranger!!!!

We just shipped our boxer last week.
We used Golden Arrow to fly her from the UK to Sydney.We've just had quotes to collect her from quarantine and fly her to Brisbane from Dogtainers, Skypets and Transpets.
Hi Hilary, have nt seen you on here for ages i guess you ve been very very busy!!!
With Golden Arrow do they do everything like sort out the quarantine etc etc?
When do you leave then?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil.b
We flew 2 dogs and a cat from UK last year. We chose Airpets to take care of things and cannot fault them. They send you all the paperwork so that you can fill it in and return. They will then sort the import permits out and book the quarantine station. Ours went to Eastern Creek, Sydney, where the station was only a third full, so space a plenty. Airpets will arrange a suitable time to collect your pets for transportation to their kennels.
When you arrive in Oz, call the quarantine station, that is if your pets are already there, and the staff will give you a run down on how your pet is. They will also give you mobile numbers of the carers looking after your pet. Oh, and don't forget to give them your address in Australia, so that they know where to send the final invoice.
We flew our pets up to Brisbane on completion of quarantine, and used dogtainers. A thoroughly professional company with the pets welfare at heart. You can either have your pets brought to your house or you can collect from the airport. We collected, totally hassle free, and if you don't want your pets travel kennel, you can leave it there and they dispose.

Neil.
Thankyou for everyones advice its been really helpful
Neil a very good reply thankyou.
Its my dogs yearly injections this month what should i do should they know what to give him ie: Lepto a no go? plus by not giving them the Lepto thingy does it cost more than it would of for the injections?
Questions Questions Questions!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

just a quickie as baby starting to wake up! don't give him lepto!! our animal shippers have said they can't have it for six months or something before they travel. Ring up one of the animal shippers and ask them their advice.Good luck.

Its my dogs yearly injections this month what should i do should they know what to give him ie: Lepto a no go? plus by not giving them the Lepto thingy does it cost more than it would of for the injections?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:01 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

When your dogs go for their yearly vaccine, stress to the vet that they must not have the lepto. Some are a little confused by this, but when you explain that a blood test for lepto is taken prior to flying to Australia, they understand. As far as I am aware the cost for the vaccine is no more than the full lepto one.
Just checked my dogs medical card, and they had:

NOBIVAC DHPPI
NOBIVAC KC

DEFINATELY NOT NOBIVAC LEPTO.

Don't forgrt that your pets have to be microchipped prior to applying for the import permit.

Neil.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil.b
When your dogs go for their yearly vaccine, stress to the vet that they must not have the lepto. Some are a little confused by this, but when you explain that a blood test for lepto is taken prior to flying to Australia, they understand. As far as I am aware the cost for the vaccine is no more than the full lepto one.
Just checked my dogs medical card, and they had:

NOBIVAC DHPPI
NOBIVAC KC

DEFINATELY NOT NOBIVAC LEPTO.

Don't forgrt that your pets have to be microchipped prior to applying for the import permit.

Neil.
Thanks Neil

Yeah my dog is already microchipped. Why is this though as the address would be the one in the UK anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.