Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flying on Friday

flying on Friday

Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all
Default flying on Friday

Hi
WE're flying out to Brissy on Friday and leaving all our rellies tomorrow. I feel incredibly guilty about taking the grandchildren away , I guess this is normal but i am just dreading having to say goodbye tomorrow. We are going for a better life and a better future for the kids (hopefully) and I guess I need to focus on this, but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty. Does anybody else feel this way, as I feel like it's just me

Heather
Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:30 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: flying on Friday

Originally Posted by smiths
Hi
WE're flying out to Brissy on Friday and leaving all our rellies tomorrow. I feel incredibly guilty about taking the grandchildren away , I guess this is normal but i am just dreading having to say goodbye tomorrow. We are going for a better life and a better future for the kids (hopefully) and I guess I need to focus on this, but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty. Does anybody else feel this way, as I feel like it's just me

Heather
I suppose it depends on how often you see your family over here normally. We have set my mum up with a laptop and webcam and have been practising with the kids etc. Although we will miss her and she will miss us it has given her a whole new lease of life - she had never even looked at a computer screen before this. Now she has really taken to it and is able to send pictures and everything!

Goodbyes are never easy but don't feel guilty for doing what you and your family want for yourselves. Guilt is such a useless emotion normally wasted on the wrong things in life. If you really want to feel guilty about something then refuse to go and see how guilty you feel then for ruining your family's chance at a new life!

It will be hard tomorrow but worth it when you are on that plane. As long as you can stay in touch with photos or webcam your UK family wont miss out on a thing, it may even bring you closer.

Go and enjoy your new life and the benefits we all dream it will give us. Stop feeling guilty and think positively - You're going Friday and you're going to give your all to make it work out for the best.

Very best of luck to you all and Enjoy the rest of your life in Aus
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: flying on Friday

Hi Heather,

You're certainly not on your own at all, I think most families on here with kids must feel some sort of guilt about leaving grandparents etc behind. I know I do big time, more so now we're here. I think I didn't really pay too much attention back in the Uk as we were too busy organising everything, the same here when we arrived but as the weeks are passing and things are settling down here I certainly get the occasional pang of guilt here and there .

Good luck to you