Flying the Flag

Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:39 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Flying the Flag

Just in case you were wondering were you should place your Australian Flag when you get your flag collection out

http://www.australianflag.org.au/protocol.php

A
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:33 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: Flying the Flag

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Just in case you were wondering were you should place your Australian Flag when you get your flag collection out

A
Right!!!! ( you really should get out more!!)
ViVi
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:36 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

A

LOL!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by vivi
Right!!!! ( you really should get out more!!)
ViVi
You weren't supposed to take it literally
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:38 am
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future

Do many Aussies actually fly flags in their gardens?..I know that some nations are more keen to do it than others. Here in blighty of course you would be asked to take it down in case it offended someone.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by The MCs
Do many Aussies actually fly flags in their gardens?..I know that some nations are more keen to do it than others. Here in blighty of course you would be asked to take it down in case it offended someone.
More than the UK, but less than the US.

A
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:47 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they fly national flags or state flags?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

A

Fascinating

So half mast is really 1/3 mast or 2/3 mast if you are standing on your head
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Paylia
Fascinating

So half mast is really 1/3 mast or 2/3 mast if you are standing on your head
I must admit I didn't get that far - although I have now
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:22 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

You weren't supposed to take it literally

Why not???
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

LOL, Thanks guys, I for one will be sleeping much more soundly now! (But can I suggest you do a quick check of all the expats who have 'defaced' the flag on their atavars? I think an immediate ban is in order mmx
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Scossie
Why not???
I just thought it was amusing that there are all these rules and regulations on how to fly a flag. (And I'm sure other countries have strict flag protocols - before anyone thinks I'm having a go at Aussie).

A
PS: And I don't have a flag collection. (Methinks now that maybe I should have used to the word seriously rather than literally - but hey-ho there you go.) Although, thinking about it now, I might have been poking fun at vivi's flag collection; which may be why she expressed unhappiness in her post.

Last edited by kirsty&al; Jul 20th 2005 at 1:05 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:01 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

I just thought it was amusing that there are all these rules and regulations on how to fly a flag. (And I'm sure other countries have strict flag protocols - before anyone thinks I'm having a go at Aussie).

A
PS: And I don't have a flag collection. (Methinks now that maybe I should have used to the word seriously rather than literally - but hey-ho there you go.) Although, thinking about it now, I might have been poking fun at vivi's flag collection; which may be why she expressed unhappiness in her post.
Yooooo! not me with the flag collection, I just collect bellybutton fluff!!!!
ViVi
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone remember the Welsh family from "A new life downunder" who got into trouble with their neighbours for flying their Welsh flag higher than the Aussie one?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:55 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

A
Fascinating !

Does anyone else feel slightly ( i say slightly!) guilty at choosing to live in another country. It's almost like finishing with a boyfriend because you've found someone else you prefer! You still have feelings for that old boyfriend - but not enough for you to stay! The new boyfriend seems all nice and exciting. In a few months - his flaws will begin to show. Then you have the choice - do you stay cos the good points outweigh the bad - or do you quit for someone else! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.