Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying to China from Perth

Flying to China from Perth

Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:37 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Flying to China from Perth

Hi, I have to go to China in a months time, and was wondering if;
a: any of you have made the trip from Perth and which route did you take, I am going to the very south of China and there are no direct flights there.
b: can anyone recommend an airline to make the trip with, I have searched all the usual suspects and prices vary dramatically, so I thought I would look for personal experiences before booking, in an aim to save some dollars, and get the best route.

Cheers if you can help.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:58 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flying to China from Perth

*****bump*****
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Hi, I have to go to China in a months time, and was wondering if;
a: any of you have made the trip from Perth and which route did you take, I am going to the very south of China and there are no direct flights there.
b: can anyone recommend an airline to make the trip with, I have searched all the usual suspects and prices vary dramatically, so I thought I would look for personal experiences before booking, in an aim to save some dollars, and get the best route.

Cheers if you can help.
I think the best option is through Singapore with SIA. Alternatively, Qantas fly to HK from Perth, so you could connnect there.
Alternatively, Tiger Air, a budget airline, start flying Perth-Singapore next month. They fly to China from Singapore.

Last edited by Amazulu; Feb 9th 2007 at 10:13 pm. Reason: Something to add
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:26 pm
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think the best option is through Singapore with SIA. Alternatively, Qantas fly to HK from Perth, so you could connnect there.
Alternatively, Tiger Air, a budget airline, start flying Perth-Singapore next month. They fly to China from Singapore.
Cheers for that Amazulu, I have tried those options Tiger is fully booked, and Quantas want over $3k to get me there and back whereas Singapore want just over $1000. The Singapore flights have a long time difference between the two flights, its only 7 hours door to door, but with SIA it would take over 20 in total. I read somewhere that an airline flies to Darwin then Darwin to Shenzhen (my destination) but I cant find who that is.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that Amazulu, I have tried those options Tiger is fully booked, and Quantas want over $3k to get me there and back whereas Singapore want just over $1000. The Singapore flights have a long time difference between the two flights, its only 7 hours door to door, but with SIA it would take over 20 in total. I read somewhere that an airline flies to Darwin then Darwin to Shenzhen (my destination) but I cant find who that is.
You could spend a day in Singapore. Not an unpleasant experience. You can get really cheap hotel rooms through SIA, so should not cost too much more. Qantas have had it too easy for too long and need some real competition.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:32 am
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You could spend a day in Singapore. Not an unpleasant experience. You can get really cheap hotel rooms through SIA, so should not cost too much more. Qantas have had it too easy for too long and need some real competition.
You are probably right. but I have time constraints and need to get there and back quickly.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Shenzhen is just across the border from Hong Kong. Most international travellers fly into HK and take the bus or train up. Shenzhen airport isn't really an international airport so there are very few non-domestic flights there.

The train or bus journey from HK to Shenzhen is about 1-2 hours, depending on where about in Shenzhen you're going. If you need more details, let me know and I'll look up for you.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:03 am
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Shenzhen is just across the border from Hong Kong. Most international travellers fly into HK and take the bus or train up. Shenzhen airport isn't really an international airport so there are very few non-domestic flights there.

The train or bus journey from HK to Shenzhen is about 1-2 hours, depending on where about in Shenzhen you're going. If you need more details, let me know and I'll look up for you.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Thank you for that I have just sent you a PM