Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flying to brisbane tomorrow, advice for travelling alone anyone?

flying to brisbane tomorrow, advice for travelling alone anyone?

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

fenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flying to brisbane tomorrow, advice for travelling alone anyone?

as the title says i leave for brisbane from manchester tomorrow morning at 10am, via singapore airlines, anyone got any advice?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:37 pm
me, myself and I

Smile Re: flying to brisbane tomorrow, advice for travelling alone anyone?

Originally Posted by fenix
as the title says i leave for brisbane from manchester tomorrow morning at 10am, via singapore airlines, anyone got any advice?
Sorry mate I can't help... all I can say is I hope you have a great flight!!

I am doing the exact same flight in a couple of weeks and I would love to hear your experience of the flight etc i.e. how is leg room, how is in-flight entertainment.

I know it is of no benefit to you, but I would like to hear any advice you have as a result (cheeky I know)

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:45 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: flying to brisbane tomorrow, advice for travelling alone anyone?

Enjoy the flight

Errrr.....

1) Don't forget to wear the DVT socks. Certain to kill any credibility you may have built up all your life.

2) Pinch extra disposable bed socks. Feels good to naff a few extra but you'll never use them in Aus.

3) Try not to be sick with the airline food. If you have to, then barf in your neighbours sick bag on the next seat so you don't have to smell it for 24 hrs.

4) Pinch extra ikkle sweeties from the airhostess [the ones to stop ears from popping] then if a Pom starts whingeing on the flight, throw them at him when no one's lookin.

5) Try not to dribble when you sleep. Not a good look. Indicates you are not animal bed hoppin shaggable material.

And finally when you land and are asked by Aussie customs

"have you got anything to declare sir?".......

..........for gawds sake don't tell em about the clap you caught from the one night stand on your last beer and curry night in UK :scared:

Have a nice flight Sir. And see you on the "other side"

Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quite simply, sit back and enjoy it! Most momentous flight you'll ever do, after all
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I've been doing long haul flights for years, but I only discovered about 3 years ago this magic secret.

Drink tons and tons of water on the flight. Ask the stewardess to leave the full bottle of water with you (2 litres), or buy one before you get on the flight.

Since I started doing that, I've actually felt ok at the other end.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:13 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooh nice. I went with an 18 month old and a 5 year old and hubby. Nightmare!! No it wasn't really. But it wasn't the most relaxing time I have ever spent. Enjoy and have a to calm the nerves.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Oooh nice. I went with an 18 month old and a 5 year old and hubby. Nightmare!! No it wasn't really. But it wasn't the most relaxing time I have ever spent. Enjoy and have a to calm the nerves.
Yes, agreed, a few drinkies are good.

But loads and loads of water is even better. And an isle seat, so you can go to the toilet as often as you want

Cheers,
JTL

Edit: Do both, i do, loads of beer before the flight, then loads of water on the flight, thats why I need the isle seat!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yes, agreed, a few drinkies are good.

But loads and loads of water is even better. And an isle seat, so you can go to the toilet as often as you want

Cheers,
JTL

Edit: Do both, i do, loads of beer before the flight, then loads of water on the flight, thats why I need the isle seat!!

heh great advice, thanks all
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

and ill be sure to reply on this thread with any advice i have when i get to the other side too so subscribe to the thread if you want to read my whittering :P
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:29 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Get to checking early so you can get a window seat, Stuff the view you will be able to lean against the side of the plane and sleep like ababy

I stayed awake last time watching the movies and got killer jet lag, so try to sleep
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Get to checking early so you can get a window seat, Stuff the view you will be able to lean against the side of the plane and sleep like ababy

I stayed awake last time watching the movies and got killer jet lag, so try to sleep

hmm so i could either get an ailse seat and pee when i like or a window seat with a view and comfy kip.....

hmm decisions decisions
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:26 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

oh go for the window mr
One ;ailse seat people passing bang in to your arm all the time and...

Two ; Its fun to do a quiet fart as you pass the two people your sat next to on the way to the loo.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Check you got ur passport and tickets before you leave...oh and cancel the milk..have a good one
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:07 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Get your internet connection cancelled
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

tommytriggs has a spectacular aura abouttommytriggs has a spectacular aura abouttommytriggs has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: flying to brisbane tomorrow, advice for travelling alone anyone?

Try gettin the fittest member of the opposite sex in the bogs & join the mile high club, then no matter how bored you get you'll still arrive all smug & happy....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.