Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying BA Dublin - Sydney, where is stopover?

Flying BA Dublin - Sydney, where is stopover?

Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

rottenralph is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Flying BA Dublin - Sydney, where is stopover?

Hi all,
emigrating to aus 16th Jan and just sorting out the final details.
Cannot seem to find out where the stopover is on a Dublin/Sydney BA flight?
Also, how long is stopoff for? How harsh is journey(it's my first time flying direct)? Any tips?

Last edited by rottenralph; Dec 17th 2009 at 8:06 pm. Reason: Left item out
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

fogfurn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flying BA Dublin - Sydney, where is stopover?

hi there i flew direct in 1994, not ba, but dublin-paris airlingus.then airfrance paris to signapore 1 hr stop and then to sydney, 24 hrs in all. my first time then, i was so excited i would not of had patience to stop over, but i enjoy some of flight except i could not sleep very well. but when i got to sydneys i did not care about the sleep.you might be able to help me out if you dont mind. i am now about to apply for pr visa to aus after 14 years from my working holiday in auz want to leave ireland again. any way could you tell if you used a migration lawer to help you or did you apply your self. im about to hire liz o hagan in kildare would you know her by any chance or could you recommend some one please
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rottenralph
Hi all,
Also, how long is stopoff for? How harsh is journey(it's my first time flying direct)? Any tips?
From what I remember BA don't fly to Dublin -so you will be on an Aer Lingus flight to Heathrow. This will arrive at terminal 1 and you'll have to change to terminal 3 for BA's Australia flights. You will stop off in either Singapore & Bangkok. You should check your flight numbers though as there is an outside chance you could travel on other BA services from a different terminal or a Qantas flight with a BA flight number (this might stop over in Hong Kong).

Personally if time is not an issue I don't like the straight through flights - for me one of the advantages about the length of the journey is being able to stop off somewhere interesting along the way.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by rottenralph
Hi all,
It should say on your tickets your flight times, but as you are flying with BA you could be stuck in heathrow for a few days while they decide if they want to work or not.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billymacker
It should say on your tickets your flight times, but as you are flying with BA you could be stuck in heathrow for a few days while they decide if they want to work or not.

Appparently the BA strike is off. somethig to do with a legal issue
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by sassie
Appparently the BA strike is off. somethig to do with a legal issue
BA don't have to be on strike any excuse not to work and they will find it, best not to use them or any that code share with them.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billymacker
BA don't have to be on strike any excuse not to work and they will find it, best not to use them or any that code share with them.
sorry, thought that was what you were referring to!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

rottenralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fogfurn
hi there i flew direct in 1994, not ba, but dublin-paris airlingus.then airfrance paris to signapore 1 hr stop and then to sydney, 24 hrs in all. my first time then, i was so excited i would not of had patience to stop over, but i enjoy some of flight except i could not sleep very well. but when i got to sydneys i did not care about the sleep.you might be able to help me out if you dont mind. i am now about to apply for pr visa to aus after 14 years from my working holiday in auz want to leave ireland again. any way could you tell if you used a migration lawer to help you or did you apply your self. im about to hire liz o hagan in kildare would you know her by any chance or could you recommend some one please
Applied for visa on my own. got a 175 with my girlfriend de facto. It was a bit of hassle but manageable. Everything you need to know ison the immigration website or here, you can get anything answered on here. I'm sure it saved me a few euro.