Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying from Australia to the UK.

Flying from Australia to the UK.

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:44 am
Amelie

Default Flying from Australia to the UK.

I've only been here a short while, but I need to fly back to the UK for a couple of weeks, when is the cheapest time to fly? Having just got here, it's money I really don't want to spend but I have to, otherwise my mother will probably never speak to me again, emotional blackmail and the unconditional love of your parents!

I can't understand the inability to buy cheap flights, I am guessing it is because of the remoteness of the country, but then they go and add on some rather hefty taxes too! The bored witless assistant in the flight centre today, who looked like she'd rather be having an enema than trying to help me with my query, couldn't explain why even if the plane had only 2 passengers and 400 empty seats, the price couldn't be reduced. Why is this, is it simply the fuel cost and ongoing inflation?

Which airline offers the best value for money? Any advice?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:08 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flying from Australia to the UK.

I was quoted a good(for Australia) price for Perth London Perth with Royal Brunei Airlines $1360 + taxes of around $330. Offer ends on 27th Feb - it might have had date limitations but have a gander at them.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The British travel website occasionally has some really good deals on it. Often you can pick up a $99 one way flight. The best they have at the mo is Royal Brunei......$1299 plus airport taxes
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:43 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

austravel sometimes have good deals too, i get my tickets to Oz from them.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We use www.zuji.com.au - they usually manage to come out cheaper than Flight Center.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amelie
I can't understand the inability to buy cheap flights, I am guessing it is because of the remoteness of the country, but then they go and add on some rather hefty taxes too!
Its nothing to do with remoteness, and all to do with Qantas.
The Fed govt seem to think we need to own an airline, so it is protected from competition and you're paying for it.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Also have a look at www.webjet.com.au
Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: Flying from Australia to the UK.

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The British travel website occasionally has some really good deals on it. Often you can pick up a $99 one way flight. The best they have at the mo is Royal Brunei......$1299 plus airport taxes

$99 ONE WAY !!!!!! REALLY !!!??!!
So how much are the taxes on that ?(and did you miss a $1,0 in front of the $99 ?) :scared:
Can I have the e-mail address of this wonderful place please,
Thanks ,
Tass.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:38 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

also try www.bestflights.com.au
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Flying from Australia to the UK.

Originally Posted by Tass
$99 ONE WAY !!!!!! REALLY !!!??!!
So how much are the taxes on that ?(and did you miss a $1,0 in front of the $99 ?) :scared:
Can I have the e-mail address of this wonderful place please,
Thanks ,
Tass.

OMG !!! You're right !!! $99 one way from Perth to London with only $200 in taxes ! Now why can't they do that from Sydney ?
Am away to price flights Sydney to Perth now , ready for the next time the offer comes up !
I still can't believe that price !
All the best,
Tass.

P.S. Thank you Karma sent.

Last edited by Tass; Feb 24th 2006 at 7:56 am.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:26 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tass
OMG !!! You're right !!! $99 one way from Perth to London with only $200 in taxes ! Now why can't they do that from Sydney ?
Am away to price flights Sydney to Perth now , ready for the next time the offer comes up !
I still can't believe that price !
All the best,
Tass.

P.S. Thank you Karma sent.
what's the web address please?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

hi ya
Please could you give a website for these cheap flights.
thanks Paula
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paula 1
hi ya
Please could you give a website for these cheap flights.
thanks Paula

http://www.britishtravel.com.au/