Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying to Australia in Feb '12.....HGV enq? please help

Flying to Australia in Feb '12.....HGV enq? please help

Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:53 am
Just Joined

philnmi will become famous soon enoughphilnmi will become famous soon enough
Default Flying to Australia in Feb '12.....HGV enq? please help

Flying to Australia in Feb '12.....HGV enq? please help ...
Can anyone help please ?
You guy's have been so friendly the first time in posting and wanted to enquire !
yay we got our indefinite visa stamps the other day ...!
how happy are we ..
Me and my family are flying to Adelaide in Feb i'm a type 1 diabetic very well controlled and test about a million times a day (joke) but quite a bit does anyone know if i can take a test for HGV over there or is it not allowed as the UK used to be Grr ! .....just my luck i move and UK just recently changed their rules so now diabetics can drive HGVS under strict controls ...ha ha you have to laugh but i'm coming for the sun and husbands job oops that's another thing i'm a chick ,I'm a a petite female but can hold my own with the biggest guy's they don't scare me ...I know you men might growl etc but Ive driven HGVS before in my dads yard growing up in and around a transport company family .....
I'm hoping you say chicks do drive them over there as its not that heard of over here which is a shame ,but great to see when you do see women truckers ....I love driving but cant seem to find a link etc to HGV only normal licences ....
Many thanks for everyone's help ...
Much appreciated
and if this is in the wrong area can someone tell me where to place it (be nice) and thanks again ...
Mi
Last edited by philnmi : Yesterday at 4:07 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:23 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying to Australia in Feb '12.....HGV enq? please help

Hi,

There's plenty more lady HGV drivers over here than in the UK; you won't be unusual at all. You'll have to retest though as my Class 1 didn't come over like my car and bike licences did.

This document will tell you what you need to know about the medical requirements for commercial driving.

http://www.austroads.com.au/images/s...Small_Size.pdf

HTH
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

philnmi will become famous soon enoughphilnmi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flying to Australia in Feb '12.....HGV enq? please help

many thanks for being so helpful ....i will have a look cheers michelle