Wikiposts

flying advice

Old Oct 8th 2006, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flying advice

[QUOTE=robos] about physio no i havent seen or recieved any cant stand on one foot and cant on uneven surfaces

do you think i should go back to the doc and try to get some physio or some more advice the last 3 times i have been though he just palms me off with another course of anti inflamatries i am now on my 3rd course)

Definitely. Try this.

"The anti-inflammatories are not working, I am not safe to stand on two feet and I believe that I need some expert rehab from a physio. The state of my ankle is interfering with my quality of life - I can't.... (insert here...eg walk up stairs..whatever). I feel that I need help with both the pain and the actual rehab. Could you also please confirm to me that the ankle has healed, and is healed correctly - would it be worth re-doing the xray pls. I cannot go on like this."

See how ya go with that!

Old Oct 8th 2006, 10:23 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ozzidoc]
Originally Posted by robos
about physio no i havent seen or recieved any cant stand on one foot and cant on uneven surfaces

do you think i should go back to the doc and try to get some physio or some more advice the last 3 times i have been though he just palms me off with another course of anti inflamatries i am now on my 3rd course)

Definitely. Try this.

"The anti-inflammatories are not working, I am not safe to stand on two feet and I believe that I need some expert rehab from a physio. The state of my ankle is interfering with my quality of life - I can't.... (insert here...eg walk up stairs..whatever). I feel that I need help with both the pain and the actual rehab. Could you also please confirm to me that the ankle has healed, and is healed correctly - would it be worth re-doing the xray pls. I cannot go on like this."

See how ya go with that!

thank you so much
will keep you posted

jan xx
Old Oct 8th 2006, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Flishinghurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I broke my ankle a week before we were due to emigrate, and had a cast on right up to my knee. We cancelled our first flights as we were due to go via North America on a three week sightseing holiday with about ten internal flights which I thought I would never be able to do and changed the flights to go a week later so two and half weeks after my break and went via Dubai and then upgraded our tickets to business from Dubai to Perth (we stopped in Dubai for a week to break up journey). My consultant was not keen on me flying because of DVT but I took aspirin for two weeks before the flight and three weeks after. The first leg in economy was a nightmare as I could not get my leg under the seat and had to sit sideways with my leg on my husbands but the second leg business class was fantastic. We have been here nearly three months now and managed to b uy a house with my leg in a cast and been having physio ever since I got here which helps but is really expensive as it is not covered by medicare. I am walking ok with a slight limp until I get going but the swelling at the end of the day is still bad. To cap it all I have sliced off a huge piece of my finger today on a broken mirror and had to go the doctors again to get it dressed. I have never been to the doctors so much in all my life!!!!!! If you can go business for the long leg I would definately recommend it, we flew Emirates and it worked out £200 more each on an internet booking direct with them to go business. Not sure if we were just lucky to get that price (870.00 pounds in all) but it is worth looking at.

Good luck.