British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Fly tommorow to activate visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/fly-tommorow-activate-visa-402471/)

jonsm Oct 16th 2006 9:08 am

Fly tommorow to activate visa

Hi All

well first stage tommorow, we fly out to OZ to activate our visa. No luck on our house sale as yet, but it be a nice break to get away and the pressure is off a bit then. Well we might see some of you at heathrow tommorow. Hope all goes well for everyone of you.

jon

northerner Oct 16th 2006 9:12 am

Re: Fly tommorow to activate visa

Originally Posted by jonsm
Hi All

well first stage tommorow, we fly out to OZ to activate our visa. No luck on our house sale as yet, but it be a nice break to get away and the pressure is off a bit then. Well we might see some of you at heathrow tommorow. Hope all goes well for everyone of you.

jon

Have a great trip! Where you heading??

Graham

private benjamin Oct 16th 2006 9:13 am

Have a great reccie - we were in exactly the same position 6 weeks ago - flew out to Perth to validate our visa as we had such a short date (long story for another time) - had a wodnerful trip out there, and then when we got home we got a call from a call how had put an offer in back in April but couldn't get their house sold and low and behold they've only gone and sold their house and now we should be completing within a couple of weeks - so you never no you might get the same call when you get back.

Have a wonderful time
pb.

jonsm Oct 16th 2006 9:19 am

Hi Guys

we are of to Brisbane. We have had loads of interest for the house, but no offers yet and seeing that out visa runs out 1st feb, we thought might aswell go and validate it now. even if will see the house in the next 2 weeks we be hard pushed i recon to complete before then.

jon

private benjamin Oct 16th 2006 11:43 am

Originally Posted by private benjamin
Have a great reccie - we were in exactly the same position 6 weeks ago - flew out to Perth to validate our visa as we had such a short date (long story for another time) - had a wodnerful trip out there, and then when we got home we got a call from a couple who had put an offer in back in April but couldn't get their house sold and low and behold they've only gone and sold their house and now we should be completing within a couple of weeks - so you never no you might get the same call when you get back.

Have a wonderful time
pb.

amended first entry - typo (boss was looking over me shoulder when I should really have been doing proper work!)
Oh god now the first message is in little letters - I'm really living up to my name! Oh well read the small message as well you'll get the drift of what I mean. I know I've managed to amend before well things have gone array today and I'm leaving work in a weeks time yipee so my boss can go and to a fan dance!!!!

robos Oct 16th 2006 12:38 pm

have a fab holiday

we have got 25 sleeps till we go
also going to brisbane
also had no luck selling (thats why we are going on reccie)

never mind hopefully when you get back and get christmas out the way the market might pick up

how long you going for?

jan xx;)

jonsm Oct 16th 2006 12:47 pm

Hi Jan

we are back on the 3rd november. Not seen brother and mum now for a year, we be staying with them. Cant wait the stress of emergrating getting on top of us now. The hard bit done getting the visa, thought the house would be the easy part

jon

sunshine23 Oct 16th 2006 12:49 pm

Hi All

jon

Have a brilliant time. Brissie is beautiful. We love Qld.

Sunshine23

robos Oct 16th 2006 12:58 pm

Hi Jan

we are back on the 3rd november. Not seen brother and mum now for a year, we be staying with them. Cant wait the stress of emergrating getting on top of us now. The hard bit done getting the visa, thought the house would be the easy part

jon

hi jon

it will be lovely for you to see them

we thought selling the house would be a piece of p*** how wrong were we?

we had it on the market for 6 mths and only had 2 viewings used 2 estate agents and now we have took it off until we get back there is no point if we are going to be away for nearly a month

good luck with your house and have a safe journey

i no you will enjoy your hols (and seeing your family again)

jan xx:D :beer:

spud-u-like Oct 16th 2006 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Have a brilliant time. Brissie is beautiful. We love Qld.

Sunshine23

Sunshine23 hows the former resident visa going?, we have got to supply some more info (new police check for me an both medicals need redoing :mad: as well as proof of my army pension and graturity)

But at least we have a case officer so trying to remain positive :)

Still its more money but hopefully worth it in the end!!

jonsm Oct 16th 2006 3:35 pm

eastate agents such a pain the ass, i just dropped ours 10k again today to see if we can shift it quick. If no intrest up till end of year its going backup again