Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fluoridated water

fluoridated water

Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fluoridated water

Originally Posted by oz miller man
i see south east queensland now have fluoride in there drinking water even though most people were against it
australia is one of only six countries that practice this forced medication on its people , and recent research on the subject shows lots of nasty effects to too much fluoride. there must be a reason its banned in all europe eccept ireland
why is australia so insistent on this practice and forever referring back to the u.s.a research done in the 1950`s
theres enough fluoride in toothpaste to protect you teeth .drinking and showering in the stuff thats essentially fertilizer and uranium waste product cant be doing us much good
even fluoride toothpaste states not for children under age five and not to be swallowed

whats the alternative? spend a fortune on bottled waters that dont have too disclaim if they contain fluoride?
or spend around $600 on reverse osmosis filtration products?

may have to stick to the stereotype of the brits having bad teeth and not showering enough
got to be better than bone cancers, dental fluorsis, thyroid problems and hip replacements
Yup, too much fluoride is bad for you. And so is too much water cos it can result in drowning. So what is your point?

Low levels of fluoride have been proven to be beneficial. Please, if you want to support your 'argument', quote reputable sources (eg The Lancet; except they disagree with you), not the ranting of half-brained, inarticulate crackpots.

In the meantime, please continue to colour in 'The Sun'...

Last edited by MikeStanton; Mar 30th 2009 at 8:44 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

I think it'th terrible that we have been forthed to drink thith thtuff whith ith jutht there to poithon uth. I thtill don't underthand why the politithians hate uth tho muth that they put thith thtuff in our water thupplies.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

my initial post was based on the shock reading that i was doing on the subject of fluoride, it shocked me enough to start a thread to see how others felt about about living in a fluoride nation, most of the posts have been reassuring to myself and my family. yes we are still drinking tap water.
i live in the only part of north nsw that is fluoridated. shires to the south and west of me are not although lismore will be next year and the vibe i get is most locals dont want it, maybe thats to do with the part of australia i live in as it is very "organic" where people grow there own fruit n veg and like to home school there kids. villages like uki and bangalow have been quite vocal in disproving both on the net and in local media.
one thing i did find out is that fluoride is found in flux and ive been breathing in fumes and blowing the stuff out of pipes for the last 20 years maybe why my teeth are in good condition

Originally Posted by bcworld
The 'it's a posion' arguement is always used and really isn't relevant.
yes your right i do see that now totaly unvallid part of the argument

Originally Posted by asprilla
A dude once said "don't cast your pearls before swine".
oink oink as a swine once said

[QUOTE=asprilla;7424162]Probably best if you and the other conspiracy theorists just stick to coke instead of water.
QUOTE]
rock on mate...

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Yup, too much fluoride is bad for you. And so So what is your point?.....................er that too much fluoiride is bad for you?

Low levels of fluoride have been proven to be beneficial. Please, if you want to support your 'argument', quote reputable sources (eg The Lancet; except they disagree with you), not the ranting of half-brained, inarticulate crackpots.

In the meantime, please continue to colour in 'The Sun'...
wooo nice line to finish on, must feel great now

[QUOTE=Big Galah;7427012]This is typical hysteria.
The amount added is enough to reduce dental decay but not so much it causes adverse effects - the concentration is about one part per million. That's one glass of fluoride for every million glasses of water.
QUOTE]

there is plenty of hysteria on the anti-fluoride web sites, and your right after looking around some more i found tea, raisins, white wine, apple juice and coffee all to contain higher levels of fluoride than water (ppm)
now if fluoride is in all these things along with dental hygiene products and can be added to salt like the swiss do
do we need it in the water supply
we know oral health is far better today than 50 years ago in fluoridated areas, but that goes for non fluoridated areas also
russia stoped using it and still dental care improved in the years after
australia is in the top ten in the world for oral care, im sure plenty of non fluoride countries are in the top ten aswell thanks to the products mentioned
the reason its banned in most of europe is not for the the reasons i thought in my first post (cancers,autism,lower iq,fluorosis) these have never been proved .little research has been done to be honest and im yet to find one australian bit of research on the harms of too much fluoride,
no its banned in europe because they belive only things that make the water safe to drink should be added not medications
and i kind of agree with that
but like i said im convinced enough to drink the stuff.
i would never use it in babes milk and i intend to become more aware of the other products that contain it just so i can monitor the amount we consume

i read the recommended max daily intake is 0.07mg for each kg of body weight..
does anyone know if this sounds right
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:11 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

they belive only things that make the water safe to drink should be added not medications nd i kind of agree with that
I agree with it too, I think. Or maybe I don't. I don't know.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:41 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

i would never use it in babes milk and i intend to become more aware of the other products that contain it just so i can monitor the amount we consume
Honestly mate, I reckon that there are other things that you should focus your efforts on which would be of far more value to you and your family E.g. Ensuring that your family eats healthily, exercises regularly and sees the doctor when they are sick, etc etc.

I'm not saying that you don't do those things already, perhaps you do.

cheers