The flu shot

Old May 14th 2005, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default The flu shot

Anyone planning to have one, do yourself a favour and ring the chemist first and reserve some.

Went to docs at 5pm last night 5.50 we finally get to see doc, he gives script and the smug receptionist takes our $88 then informs us there is a shortage of vaccine at most chemists due to a recalled batch (glad I didnt get it last week )

We then drive to 3 nearby chemists who are now closed or have none, after that we find a phone book in a liquor store and phone 4 more chemists with late night trading, bingo 30 klms up the highway we have vaccine, pay the $52 for two, drive back to docs who is luckily the late one who opens to 8, take a seat holding little vaccine vials, nurse has emergency case so short of injecting oneself we wait, finally about 3 hours after entering docs surgery we are $140 lighter, nearly 100klm better travelled and vaccinated.

And today I have mild flu symptoms so it must be good
Old May 14th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The flu shot

Lol at your signature!
Ahhh, you poor thing. It's a weird system isn't it... I had mine last week and was warned by a mate about low stocks but fortunately the local chemist had been restocked, so it was just a case of popping next door. The flu is supposed to be really bad this year so I'd advise people to have it, especially if you're new to the country... not fun to be curled up ill when everything is hectic anyway, or perhaps you're doing contract work and have no sick pay.
Take care
Larissa
Old May 14th 2005, 8:38 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The flu shot

I work as a practice nurse in WA and have had great probs getting flu vaccines in stock. We had a flyer round last week saying that supply should be back to normal...we have plenty in anyway...but they are the freebie ones.
We have a system where we buy some in to sell privately (for ppl under 65) and only charge $20 which I dont think is bad!.......bit far to travel from Qld tho