Flu jab info

Old May 5th 2005, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flu jab info

Just another ickle post for newbies.
Today I went for my flu jab (asthma has been playing up so I'm not keen to get full blown flu!), it's a bit of a funny system but quick really. I rang for the appointment, the receptionist then told me to ring round the local pharmacies as stocks are running low. I went for the appoinment early, picked up the script, went to the chemist and spent about $25, then I went quickly back to the doctors. They put the vaccine in the fridge while I waited for the appointment. After the jab you then pay your normal medicare charge of about $40; you can claim back half of it at your local medicare office.
Sounds complicated but its not, just don't forget your medicare card. I guess the actual cost probably comes to about $45 once you've had your medicare rebate, which might sound pricey but will be worth it if you're in a high risk group. A friend has recently had a few days off with the flu and it's horrible this year.
atb
Larissa