Flowers

Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flowers

I want to send my niece some flowers tomorrow for her 21st.
What site do you go on to send gifts back home.
Help please, i forgot about it.
Denise
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:17 am
going to QLD (hopefully)

Location: Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, W Wales hopefully moving to Queensland (Brisbane Area)
Sparky will become famous soon enoughSparky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flowers

Originally Posted by cranni
Denise
You can try interflora.. i use them to send flowers to my sister in Brisbane and she uses them to send flowers to my mother here in the UK..

Dan
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Denise

http://www.interflora.co.uk

http://www.interflora.com.au/

?
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Denise
I still use either Next or Marks and Spencers to send flowers to the UK, or you can use interflora. All can be done over the internet if you have a credit card. HTH.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by poppet
I still use either Next or Marks and Spencers to send flowers to the UK, or you can use interflora. All can be done over the internet if you have a credit card. HTH.

Actually, Interflora charge much more than a local florist would. Look up her local one and order direct over the phone - no waiting, no fuss. Save yourself a bob or two.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sending flowers Interflora is a total ripoff!!! I used to be a florist and they take so much money from the order leaving hardly anything left for the flowers......My advise and its also what I do, is to find a florist which is local to the person you sending flowers to and phone the order over yourself....you'll get a better deal. Just get the local number from Yellow Pages on line

Hope this helps

Sue x
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Denise
Hi denise,, i usually phone a local uk flower company where i lived and do it with a credit card over the phone, it is much easier,all they do is get you to phone them back around 10 mins after the order to make sure the transaction has gone through........simple as that..........ask 1 of the family for a local uk florist no or do a search on the net,hope this helps, i have done it many times.jan hutchinson
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Denise
My sister lives in America and has used John Lewis online many times for sending the family flowers.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 6:53 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Denise

its plugging my own company, but if they like arranging flowers themselves, look at

www.bloomen.com

Its our company website, but you get a lot more value for money than interflora. (guaranteed)

Paul.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 6:55 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

When I actually get my visa, I will recommend that we advertise on this site, but it might be a little bit early yet

Paul
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:19 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Actually, Interflora charge much more than a local florist would. Look up her local one and order direct over the phone - no waiting, no fuss. Save yourself a bob or two.
Most local (Australian) florists that I have seen are affiliated with Interflora anyway.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jul 10th 2006 at 9:37 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
When I actually get my visa, I will recommend that we advertise on this site, but it might be a little bit early yet

Paul
Talk to Sue or Paul and they can probably sort out proper advertising on the site.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Most local (Australian) florists that I have seen are affiliated with Interflora anyway.
Yes, they are, but if you ring them direct and cut out Interflora, you get more for your money.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:01 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Talk to Sue or Paul and they can probably sort out proper advertising on the site.
I will drop them a line when I have dropped the bombshell here at work

hopefully soon
Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough

There are a few florists listed here: http://www.cruxaustralis.com/gifts-flowers/flowers/ ... personally, I agree about the comments made in respect of Interflora. I have used flowers.com.au - a couple of years ago now - and was very happy (or my mother was!)

Just looked at the international prices for flowers.com.au ... seems a bit high but not so bad I suppose when I convert into pounds. I would look at some UK sites for comparison.

Last edited by Fardell; Jul 11th 2006 at 4:22 am.