Flood Pics

Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:09 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flood Pics

Hope everyone is OK. Looks like they have had some fun in Northern NSW and the Gold Coast. I liked the news story from a Lismore pub open under a foot of water. The locals seemed quite happy.

Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:21 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flood Pics

Originally Posted by bondipom
The locals seemed quite happy.
Life would not be quite normal for Lismorites without good regular floodings to brighten things up.

Australian rainfall

Blessings from on high:
Attached Thumbnails Flood Pics-june-2005.gif  
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Great piccies Bondi. Does anyone know if they found those two people they feared had drowned?

Katie
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Great piccies Bondi. Does anyone know if they found those two people they feared had drowned?

Katie
They are from www.smh.com.au . I have not heard about the missing people. Is everyone from the Gold Coast who posts here ok? Maybe their net connections are off.

Last edited by bondipom; Jul 1st 2005 at 4:08 am.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:07 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Great pics. Reminds me of the River Severn!! I was following it on Triple J yesterday - some bloke said his car was full of water and the DJ asked if he had tried the demist button LOL
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:03 am
Banned

Dirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant future

Its even made the news in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4636657.stm

Obviously its big news because it is supposed to be the dry season. But I was wondering, is that kind of rain a regular occurance during the wet season? And if so, why are they not more prepared for it?

I'm not having a dig at Australia, god knows, every year the UK is surprised by snow.

Dirk
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Dirk Gently
Its even made the news in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4636657.stm

Obviously its big news because it is supposed to be the dry season. But I was wondering, is that kind of rain a regular occurance during the wet season? And if so, why are they not more prepared for it?

I'm not having a dig at Australia, god knows, every year the UK is surprised by snow.

Dirk
The highest rain recorded on the BOM site, for the Gold Coast, during last year was:
149mm on 7th Nov 2004. (Wet Season) Compared to:
350mm on 30th June 2005 (Dry Season)
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/20...0.200506.shtml

Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Just going to the shops yesterday..............

[IMG]http://britishexpats.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15694&stc=1
flood_comp.jpg[/IMG]

We've been declared a disaster area
Attached Thumbnails Flood Pics-flood_comp.jpg  

Last edited by lesleys; Jul 1st 2005 at 11:14 am. Reason: Get pictures right
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you already know that I work for the Emergency Services in Queensland; I hope none of you mind if I use the forum - and this thread in particular - to say a very big heartfelt THANK YOU to the SES volunteers in Qld and NSW. They have been working for several days now, in many cases almost non-stop, and its all voluntary.
-----------------------------------
Theres nothing quite like it in the UK, and this is the first time I've worked on a full-scale activation here. For those who don't realise it - they are the guys (and girls) in orange overalls, sorting out fallen trees, manning floodboats, helping evacuate damaged houses, pulling people from swollen rivers etc. Many of ours in the south of QLD are still sorting out the calls from 2 days ago.
I don't know if any of the Gold Coast/S E Qld people on here if needed our help - most of them are probably still internet-less anyway - but I hope you are all OK.
Any feedback, good or otherwise (!) about our service would be gratefully received, by pm if you prefer.