Flippin' Flies!

Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flippin' Flies!

Hi guys
Just wondering if any of you seasoned Perthites had any gems of knowledge on the question of flies. Now, I came expecting more flies than this, but not prepared by how flippin' pesky they are... a note for the uninitiated... they are really "sticky" and basically try and get up your nose and in your eyes.... follow you up the street, even when you have pretty good personal hygiene, get the picture?
So, will they get any better or worse than this over the summer?
Any tips for getting rid of / coping with the little bu@@ers?

Any humourous accounts of fly swallowing etc. would be greatly appreciated, apparently you aren't a real Aussie until you've swallowed one lol!
Larissa (the twitchy slappy bird)
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Magsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flippin' Flies!

Get yourself an Electric Fly Swatter... works a treat :-)
http://www.swatthefly.co.uk/index.ht...kid=fly+swat&x
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:25 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
Just wondering if any of you seasoned Perthites had any gems of knowledge on the question of flies. Now, I came expecting more flies than this, but not prepared by how flippin' pesky they are... a note for the uninitiated... they are really "sticky" and basically try and get up your nose and in your eyes.... follow you up the street, even when you have pretty good personal hygiene, get the picture?

Any humourous accounts of fly swallowing etc. would be greatly appreciated, apparently you aren't a real Aussie until you've swallowed one lol!
Know what you mean Larissa.

I thought I smelt of shit for months as the buggers follow you everywhere and it does not matter how many times you wave your hands and jump about there is always one wee brave bugger that keeps coming back and landing on your face.

If you find a cure let me know PLEASE lol

Mags

Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Magsy
Get yourself a Doner kebab spit ... presents a tastier target?
Attached Thumbnails Flippin' Flies!-images.jpg  
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:35 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Magsy
Great idea for the home magsy but its bad enough jumping around like im have an epileptic fit without having to carry an electric fly swatter whilst walking to work lol

Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys

Hello Larissa
I wondered where you'd got to. Haven't seen you post for a while, are you settling in ok?
When we went to Rott Nest Island one christmas we had the same problem with the flies. Many people there were walking around wearing the hats with either corks or netting over their faces. I have to confess it put me off Perth!
Hope you find a way to deal with them!
Helen
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

They drive us mad!!! There always seems to be one that is out to get you...Am thinking about getting one of those hats with the corks on it as although I may look bizarre (no offence intended!!) at least it should deter the flies!!!
Susan
p.s. Is that another sign of becoming a local that you can walk along the road and ignore flies!!!!!
My husband thinks they have a personal vendetta against him - no matter how many times I explain they don't he still thinks this - and yes when he has a cold it is at least the flu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriuosly - does Jungle Juice work???????
Old Nov 8th 2004, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaah, Aussie flies.......don't you just love 'em?
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

From memory - don't want to go back there - no offence Perthites - it gets worse as summer progresses. I remember being in Kings Park having a Barbi and jumping up and down screaming at them - little buggers took no notice but everyone in a two mile radius thought it hilarious Finally lost the plot when I took a swig from my stubbie and swallowed a couple that were waiting on the rim If that makes me a true aussie then AHC give me my passport now! BTW no repellent works unless they have come up with something new.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:49 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Larissa,

Let's hope it doesn't get as bad as this!!

D D
Attached Thumbnails Flippin' Flies!-tn_flies.jpg  
Old Nov 8th 2004, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Lot of fly threads recently nice barbie outside anyone

There not that bad here in SE QLd, might get worse when it stops raining, but as long as you are within a whistle of the coast they really dont get that bad here.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 9:21 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

OK the main reason the flies have been "sticking" are cos we have been getting easterly winds.

From now on when ever the weather man says we have easterly winds tomorrow, be aware it is
a: gonna be damn hot,
b: the flies are gonna stick to you

Spray Aeroguard all over you as it does help to repell alot, and hope like hell for the seabreeze... Fremantle Doctor
Old Nov 8th 2004, 9:39 pm
Cheeky

OMG DD!!!

I dont which is worse now the flies or the spiders!!

Cheeky

PS Is it right what I am seeing in your pic??(prob need another eye test) The flies are stuck between his teeth??
Boy is he gonna have to make sure he flosses!! Uggh!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Larissa,

Let's hope it doesn't get as bad as this!!

D D

Old Nov 8th 2004, 9:57 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
OMG DD!!!

I dont which is worse now the flies or the spiders!!

Cheeky

PS Is it right what I am seeing in your pic??(prob need another eye test) The flies are stuck between his teeth??
Boy is he gonna have to make sure he flosses!! Uggh!
Yep, icky isn't it!!

D D
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:12 pm
Cheeky

Well can you imagine DD............

In fact no dont, its too disgusting!!!.......

Well go on then, imagine what his toothbrush is like!! Urghhh!!!! Horrible thought!! ( | do hope he backwashes as well as flosses!!LOL Ugghhh, minging or what!!!!!! )

Ya know Im gonna have to toughen up, Im getting to soft and girlie in my slightly 'older' age!!! Used to be alot tougher when I was younger I could pick up worms or anything but now the thought of it makes me cringe!! What am I like!!!

Cheeky

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Yep, icky isn't it!!

D D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.