Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to UK and back

Flights to UK and back

Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Flights to UK and back

We've decided to go back for a holiday at x-mas for six weeks. The best prices we've got is $6,192 for two adults and 3 yr old. This is flying out of Sydney with Qantas and coming back with BA. Because we have to get internal flights from Adelaide on top of this it doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me.

Having never bought return going the other way is this about right?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to UK and back

Originally posted by evorobin
We've decided to go back for a holiday at x-mas for six weeks. The best prices we've got is $6,192 for two adults and 3 yr old. This is flying out of Sydney with Qantas and coming back with BA. Because we have to get internal flights from Adelaide on top of this it doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me.

Sounds right to me, the three year old would be paying 75% and the taxes would be almost $500. if you could go off peak you might get down as low as $1500 each with a cheapie airline plus taxes of course. Just be thankful you dont have 3 kids like us we are now up for 4 adult airfares and one kid, to go again I think we would have to mortage the house
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked 2 adults, 2 kids, Bris to Lon return with stopovers in Sing & Paris on the way there in Sept for $7970 including taxes.

Flights $1800/adult, $1350/child.

Taxes $436/adult & $398/child :scared: :scared: :scared: .
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Just booked 2 adults, 2 kids, Bris to Lon return with stopovers in Sing & Paris on the way there in Sept for $7970 including taxes.

Where did you buy those from? I can't believe we can't go Adelaide - London direct.

evogirlie got our prices from Zuji.com I think. Not sure how hot they are tbh...

EDITED TO SAY Adelaide direct is more expensive I believe
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:28 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you buy those from? I can't believe we can't go Adelaide - London direct.

evogirlie got our prices from Zuji.com I think. Not sure how hot they are tbh...
Those ones were through Flight Centre, be wary of advertised specials with some companies, they often advertise a special but then you find out that you cant actually book anything as the flights are all full.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Starve the Lizards....guess Xmas is an expensive time to return.to UK.

Oh well, goiong to have to make do with lazing on the beach for a several more xmasses should LOTTO.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, yes. Xmas (well, between 3/12 and 24/12) is a killer for prices. Unless you're willing to fly Post-Berlin Wall Airlines - it's really expensive.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Booked it at last then? I must get working on my list of requests for you to bring back for me......!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:18 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Pollyana
Booked it at last then? I must get working on my list of requests for you to bring back for me......!!
Booked it on Thurs. Dont think he will fit in our suitcase!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Booked it on Thurs
We booked today through the flight centre too. Flying direct from Adelaide with Quantas it was $5,800 for the three of us all up. Although the flight centre were cheapest they didn't originally offer the best flights...
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MrsD - how come the taxes are so high? I presume this is normal......another thing to budget for when we decide to go back to the mother country.

Steve
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:17 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Why did you chose Qantas? Malaysia fly direct from Adelaide.

jib