Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Perth the States

Flights to Perth the States

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Perth via the States

Has anybody flew to Australia via America?. I've heard you get a larger baggage allowance. I would like to visit SAn Fransisco before finally going on to Perth.

If anyone has, who did you book your flights with? £1300 each withy Expedia seems steep to say the least.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:13 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to Perth via the States

Originally posted by GengaKev
Has anybody flew to Australia via America?. I've heard you get a larger baggage allowance. I would like to visit SAn Fransisco before finally going on to Perth.

If anyone has, who did you book your flights with? £1300 each withy Expedia seems steep to say the least.
GengaKev,

We were thinking of doing exactly the same instead of going via Singapore, £1,300 sounds incredibly steep. You mentioned that fare was for return flights, if SF is a stopover for your final trip to Perth should you be looking at one-way fares (or am I being completely stoopid!) As you mentioned baggage allowance I presumed this was your flights to Perth. When are you thinking of going?

D D
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:47 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We are thinking of going through the states to Brisbane at the end of November via San Fran and Vegas.

We have been getting quotes of around £500-£600 (one way) each I think with Travelbag and Trent Bridge Travel in Nottingham so £1300 sounds way to high to me.

TT

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Dollydaydream, I'm too polite to say.....

Thinking of going beginning of September, subject to the house buyers actually moving in end of August. I'm loath to book flights before we've got their cash in the bank but I'm desperate to go now.

£500-£600 sounds a lot better. I'll get onto the web...
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:35 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GengaKev
Dollydaydream, I'm too polite to say..... QUOTE]

Steady......!!

D D
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

tiddiols is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at flights this morning with Singapore Airlines, London-Brisbane for our family of four in Mid August. The quote came out at £1630 for all of us !!!!

This included a two night stopover in Singapore (didn't include hotels though)

Keep looking, there are great deals around if you look hard enough.

Regards
Tony