Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Perth next Xmas

Flights to Perth next Xmas

Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:31 am
Just Joined

paul and jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Perth next Xmas

Does anybody know what our friends should expect to pay for flights leaving the UK on the 15th or 16th December next year and returning early January. They cannot book just yet but have been quoted £850 each for three of them. Is this a decent price for that time of year ??

Paul
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:39 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to Perth next Xmas

Originally Posted by paul and jo
Does anybody know what our friends should expect to pay for flights leaving the UK on the 15th or 16th December next year and returning early January. They cannot book just yet but have been quoted £850 each for three of them. Is this a decent price for that time of year ??

Paul
Hi Paul,

Which airline have you had the quote from ?

I have booked recently with singapore, and I am paying from Holland to Melbourne 840.00. I have seen quite a few posts recently for about the same figure that you are quoting, but that is for fights just taken, or for the near future. If you are flying with a good airline (Quantas, singapore, malaysia etc) I don't think it's dear.

Also, I cannot forsee costs going down (petrol surcharges, security booking costs etc, )

Maybe somebody from the UK can give you a better idea, but it sounds ok to me.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:41 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paul and jo

Paul
I think that seems a good price, considering the time of year. I bought tickets in January for flights in December a couple of years back. Are they not booking cos they don't know the dates yet, or because the airlines won't?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by furkew
Hi Paul,

Which airline have you had the quote from ?

I have booked recently with singapore, and I am paying from Holland to Melbourne 840.00. I have seen quite a few posts recently for about the same figure that you are quoting, but that is for fights just taken, or for the near future. If you are flying with a good airline (Quantas, singapore, malaysia etc) I don't think it's dear.

Also, I cannot forsee costs going down (petrol surcharges, security booking costs etc, )

Maybe somebody from the UK can give you a better idea, but it sounds ok to me.
My friends got the quote from the Uk with Emirates which I know are one of the better airlines so no worries about the flight but didnt want them paying OTT
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by webgum
I think that seems a good price, considering the time of year. I bought tickets in January for flights in December a couple of years back. Are they not booking cos they don't know the dates yet, or because the airlines won't?
Airline need 330 days in advance before booking therefore they cannot book the return until 7th Feb.

Paul
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Don't know why you can not get prices as my mom and dad have booked to come out mid December and go home mid January. This is also the most expensive time to travel as well. They used travel bag if that helps.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Don't know why you can not get prices as my mom and dad have booked to come out mid December and go home mid January. This is also the most expensive time to travel as well. They used travel bag if that helps.
Just been on Austravel and travel bag web sites and at the moment they are not allowing you to select later than Dec 06, Just tried singapore airlines and their web site not responding will look later.

John
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Just been on Austravel and travel bag web sites and at the moment they are not allowing you to select later than Dec 06, Just tried singapore airlines and their web site not responding will look later.

John
My parents went into our local travel bag ( to complicated for them to book on line with the stopovers they are doing ) and the girl booked outward flights there and then with the returns about a week or so later.