Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Perth

Flights to Perth

Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Flights to Perth

hi guys

I'm a newy to the site. Been reading it on and off for a few months as hubby, myself and 1 year old son planning to immigrate to Oz. Husband has to do 12 months back in his trade of engineering which will be up in June 2006. Then we start the process.
In the meantime I've just decided I think we should do a visit to Perth (which is where we are wanting to go). It's a big step and I want to be sure.

So now starts the planning for a visit somewhere around Jan to March 2006. Can anyone help with any advice on cheap flights and places to stay when we get there?

PS. We did visit travel from Brisbane to Cairns 4 years ago so we know that side of the country a little.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights to Perth

Originally Posted by LisaT
hi guys

I'm a newy to the site. Been reading it on and off for a few months as hubby, myself and 1 year old son planning to immigrate to Oz. Husband has to do 12 months back in his trade of engineering which will be up in June 2006. Then we start the process.
In the meantime I've just decided I think we should do a visit to Perth (which is where we are wanting to go). It's a big step and I want to be sure.

So now starts the planning for a visit somewhere around Jan to March 2006. Can anyone help with any advice on cheap flights and places to stay when we get there?

PS. We did visit travel from Brisbane to Cairns 4 years ago so we know that side of the country a little.
Hi Lisa
Have a look at www.expedia.com They are useful for checking out flights as you can put in dates and it will compare all the different airlines for you. We used Cathay Pacific and they were extremely helpful with kids- our son was 13 months when we flew. As far as accommodation goes it really depends what kind of thing you are looking for. There are fully furnished houses for rent in the suburbs for 1 week+ or is it hotels/apartments for a few nights at a time?
Yvonne
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:58 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa

There was a thread on here not so long ago where someone asked about places to stay in Perth. Got quite a few replies so it might be worth doing a search.

I'm useless at posting threads so someone else might read this and find it for you.

suzy x
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:12 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

hi guys

Hi, we have short term holiday rentals in Rockingham South of Perth if you wish to have a look, http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ There are others North of Perth as well. Most of our visitors have stayed at hotels first and wished they had come straight to us as the cost of eating out almost every meal was far more expensive than the cost of a short term fully furnished house..Just something for you to think about, good luck on your adventure. Suzette
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys

Qantas, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific all have specials now if you book on or before Oct 31.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:57 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

We always check out the Flight Centre for prices and have managed to get good deals in the past. You can find them in most towns in the UK now or on line at http://www.flightcentre.co.uk/

As for accommodation you may be better booking into a furnished house so you can come and go as you please. I have a few on www.immigrateperth.com but there are heaps of other sites offering furnished rentals too.

http://perth.stays.com.au/
http://perthexchange.com.au/pages/5115.html

Have fun checking Perth out

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:23 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed at the Aarons Hotel on Pier Street, it was handy for the Cat (free bus) or you could easily walk into the centre, about five mins. I think it was $60 per night, so cheap as chips!

We booked via Expedia.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Spriteracer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm off to Perth in December and found the cheapest flight through Austravel.

Granted its on Brittania and i have to stop twice to refuel but when you are on a budget..............

hope you find a good ticket!

Steve
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Hi, when we went last year on holiday we stayed at karrinyup waters resort, which is mobile homes and campsite, the accomodation was basic but it suited us. There is a lovely pool and a bbq area. It is owned by an irish couple who are extremely friendly. There is a website but not sure of the address. We had looked at booking a house but found this very reasonably priced. It is in the northern suburbs of perth and you would need to hire a car if you stayed here, but definately worth checking out we had a great ime there. Hope you have a great holiday, Nicky
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:54 am
Just Joined

perthgirl will become famous soon enoughperthgirl will become famous soon enough

Accommodation sites

www.emi-great.com
www.letsperth.net
www.accommodationwa.com.au
www.westernaustralia.com.au
www.northperthrentals.com.au
There are lots of others if you do a search
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:06 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

hi guys

We stayed at Drakes Apartments when we first came over as you can selfcater and hire one of their cars in with the price, approx $120 per night with car. They are in South Perth and the lady who runs the office is English and was very helpful.

MC