Reload this Page >

Flights to MElbourne query???

Flights to MElbourne query???

Old Mar 19th 2003, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to MElbourne query???

Hi everyone

I normally fly to Perth via Singapore airlines to visit my big bruv.

Can anyone tell me which airline they would recommend flying with to MELBOURNE. Also I don,t suppose the flight to Melbourne takes the same route as the flight to Perth?? If anyone can enlighten me with this trivial but compelling query I will be grateful.

P.s Iv,e booked hubby in for his medicals 2nd April and we will be frontend loading his visa application. I wonder how soon he will get his visa. It,s such a juggling act to know when to put house on market?? What did anyone else do.

Cheers BooBoo
Old Mar 19th 2003, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Flights to MElbourne query???

Originally posted by booboo

Hi everyone

I normally fly to Perth via Singapore airlines to visit my big bruv.

Can anyone tell me which airline they would recommend flying with to MELBOURNE. Also I don,t suppose the flight to Melbourne takes the same route as the flight to Perth?? If anyone can enlighten me with this trivial but compelling query I will be grateful.

P.s Iv,e booked hubby in for his medicals 2nd April and we will be frontend loading his visa application. I wonder how soon he will get his visa. It,s such a juggling act to know when to put house on market?? What did anyone else do.

Cheers BooBoo
Hi BooBoo

We flew to Melbourne on Air Emirates. I decided to do 2 stops this time (normally only do 1 stop) as I had my 4 year old daughter with me. We stopped at Dubai and Singapore for about an hour each time. Was nice to use proper toilet facilities and have a bit of a clean and polish at each airport. Also got a bit of a walk around and a look through the duty free shops.

I also found that I didn't really suffer any jet lag once I was in Melbourne. Last year when I flew I found myself needing a snooze about 3pm for the first few days but this time I didn't feel tired at all, even though I had literally no sleep on the flight over. I think also that as the flight got into Melbourne at about 1.30am, going straight to bed when we got to my parent's house really helped. Previously I've flown in at about 5.30am and then tried to stay awake as long as I could so that I went to bed in the evening at normal time.

Also found the service on the plane was fantastic. They really took time out to keep my daughter entertained (when she was awake). Food was okay, plenty of alcohol, and the screens in the back of the seats was a godsend for passing the time.

Hope this is of some help
Old Mar 19th 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Hi Booboo

There are lots of different options re flights, take a look at Travelmood, for instance, on line to get some ideas. Singapore and Malaysian fly similar routes to Melbourne as they do to Perth. You stll change in Singapore/Kuala Lumpur but the second leg of the journey is just longer to Melbourne.

You can also go "the other way" United and Air New Zealand for example have flights going via the U.S. These seem to take longer though. Air NZ flight I looked at went via L.A, then Auckland before going on to Melb. Total time was over 31 hours.

Re the house sale, depends how saleable your house is when to put it on the market. We're not far away, in Aylesbury, haven't had trouble selling the house, just getting people to exchange without chains collapsing. Depending on how the market is in your area (I know it's slowed down a lot here) I would think the sooner the better to put it on the market. Might be worth having an initial chat with a few estate agents to get their opinion. Also bear in mind it takes a couple of weeks to get the house on the market properly. Takes a few days to get the particulars ready and then a bit longer to market and advertise the property effectively.

Good luck

Loopy
Old Mar 19th 2003, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point

weve recently booked to fly to Melbourne in August. We are using Emirates with a three hour stop in Dubai and then a further quick stop in Singapore. We have three children so hopefully these stops will help ease the boredom for them! We booked through Trailfinders, they are really helpful.