Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Melbourne

Flights to Melbourne

Old Apr 24th 2003, 1:36 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Melbourne

What stopover choices are there flying from the UK? (SARS FRIENDLY)

We are hoping to move to Melbourne in September as long as we can sell the house (why didn't we do it last year)

We are looking at differant flight options at the moment. We would like to break the journey up for the kids and take a weeks holiday at the same time. Can anybody recomend a good airline to use?
Old Apr 24th 2003, 3:07 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights to Melbourne

Hi Devs
My wife and I are going to Melbourne in Sept as well and I have just bought our tickets with a stop over in LA ( probably not the most child friendly place to visit ) for a few days to break up the journey and short holiday. They are on BA and Qantas ( good )cost approx. £500 one-way that time of year. I believe you can also stopover in other US West coast cities as well.
Regards
S
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DevMountain
What stopover choices are there flying from the UK? (SARS FRIENDLY)

We are hoping to move to Melbourne in September as long as we can sell the house (why didn't we do it last year)

We are looking at differant flight options at the moment. We would like to break the journey up for the kids and take a weeks holiday at the same time. Can anybody recomend a good airline to use?
Hi,

We are also going to Melbourne the 1st week in September we just got our PR visa on Tuesday. where are you staying. ??? Quantas do a special deal for migrants which will allow you to take extra luggage price £640. Not sure about anyone else was quoted £2079 by BA !!! . I nearly fell of my chair. I t would be great to keep in touch .

Regards
Karen & Brendan
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:17 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Note - if you fly to Australia via the US the total baggage allowance is 2 pieces at 64kg which is even more then the 40kg allowed under immigration rules. Also it is Austravel that is doing the one-way tickets on BA/Qantas for £500 via the USA.
Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Snitzy
Note - if you fly to Australia via the US the total baggage allowance is 2 pieces at 64kg which is even more then the 40kg allowed under immigration rules. Also it is Austravel that is doing the one-way tickets on BA/Qantas for £500 via the USA.

Thanks for the info we will check that out - although we have found a one way ticket price with malaysian airlines for £416.

Where are you planning on staying.

Brendan & Karen