Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Melbourne for £400 return

Flights to Melbourne for £400 return

Old Jun 5th 2014, 4:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to Melbourne for £400 return

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Shouldn't cost anywhere near that! Have a good hunt around various online flight search engines. Quick example -
kayak.com
2 July
Birmingham - Amsterdam (KLM)
Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur (MAS)
Kuala Lumpur - Brisbane (MAS)
Journey time including very reasonable layover times of around three and a half hours each, 28 hours 50 minutes.
AU$1,069
at today's official exchange rate, 594 pounds.
Well spotted!

It's 578 pounds when priced in pounds from the start
Old Jun 5th 2014, 4:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Well spotted!

It's 578 pounds when priced in pounds from the start
Even better

I love searching out travel bargains, to the point where friends and family now tell me where and when they want to go and leave me to it. I'm going to start charging them soon
Old Jun 5th 2014, 4:34 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Even better

I love searching out travel bargains, to the point where friends and family now tell me where and when they want to go and leave me to it. I'm going to start charging them soon
Do you have a hotline?
Old Jun 5th 2014, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you you guys! I couldn't travel as early as that date but found a flight with fly.com with EVA for £699. Flight Centre guarantee to beat any price but could only give me a £1 discount on that as it's a popular time to fly.

They have really clamped down on taking children out of school here now, someone was prosecuted and given a big fine. It's made the holidays even more hectic than previously.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 5:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Do you have a hotline?
Old Jun 5th 2014, 5:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by quercus
Thank you you guys! I couldn't travel as early as that date but found a flight with fly.com with EVA for £699. Flight Centre guarantee to beat any price but could only give me a £1 discount on that as it's a popular time to fly.

They have really clamped down on taking children out of school here now, someone was prosecuted and given a big fine. It's made the holidays even more hectic than previously.
Hi quercus, I still think you could get a cheaper flight although that's not a bad price. Entirely up to you as I realize you don't know me from Adam (well, Eve!) but if you wanted to PM me your departure airport and date I'd have a go. No worries if you don't want to and I hope your trip over goes well
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Hi quercus, I still think you could get a cheaper flight although that's not a bad price. Entirely up to you as I realize you don't know me from Adam (well, Eve!) but if you wanted to PM me your departure airport and date I'd have a go. No worries if you don't want to and I hope your trip over goes well
That's a very kind offer, thank you so much! I got a bit carried away and booked it already though! It was coming up to the end of day deadline and there were only 3 seats available at that price so I didn't want to risk losing it.

If you would like to do an entirely academic exercise, my parameters were: I have to be there for 20th July but I need as much time before then to get the house sorted out and rented, hopefully. Travel within 10 days of my 20th July deadline really.

Ideally I would have flown from Birmingham but I booked from Heathrow as there was more choice.

I am soooo excited to be heading back down under!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by quercus
That's a very kind offer, thank you so much! I got a bit carried away and booked it already though! It was coming up to the end of day deadline and there were only 3 seats available at that price so I didn't want to risk losing it.

If you would like to do an entirely academic exercise, my parameters were: I have to be there for 20th July but I need as much time before then to get the house sorted out and rented, hopefully. Travel within 10 days of my 20th July deadline really.

Ideally I would have flown from Birmingham but I booked from Heathrow as there was more choice.

I am soooo excited to be heading back down under!
I don't blame you for booking it straight away, it's a decent fare for that time of the year I won't go looking, if I find something for 500 quid we'll both want to top ourselves

Best of luck with getting your house rented and safe journey back to Oz
Old Jun 6th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't blame you for booking it straight away, it's a decent fare for that time of the year I won't go looking, if I find something for 500 quid we'll both want to top ourselves

Best of luck with getting your house rented and safe journey back to Oz
Ha ha yes you have a good point!

Thanks again for the tips and sorry to take this thread slightly off point.

Penny