Reload this Page >

Flights - MAN to ADL to PERTH

Wikiposts

Flights - MAN to ADL to PERTH

Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:36 am
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights - MAN to ADL to PERTH

We've decided to come to Aus via Adelaide so OH can do his electrical exam there (much quicker/easier etc). Trouble is, when looking on sites to book flights they usually just show the typical departure date/return date. Does anyone know the best way to book a flight out, then an internal flight, without having to do a return to UK? So far Singapore Airlines coming up cheapest (and only one stop over to Adelaide) but that quote is for MAN to ADL. Anyone know cheapest way to book on internet for Adelaide to Perth?

On a completely random note, do you think we'll have trouble finding accommodation over christmas in either Adelaide or Perth? This is my biggest concern at the moment and wondering if I should bite the bullet and book flights, or make sure accommodation is secure first???

Cheers guys, KAREN
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

German Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights - MAN to ADL to PERTH

You can always get accommodation - but at Christmas the prices obviously ramp up a little (or a lot!). If I was you I'd take a chance and book the flights.

For ADL - PER flights, try www.virginblue.com.au This far in advance they should be pretty cheap. My Wife & I have done it a few times and one-way in advance the most we've paid is AU$230 each.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

I think i used Expedia's website for booking our flights, not sure. We used Virgin Blue to fly from Adelaide to Perth. Sorry not much help.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You can try either Virgin Blue or Qantas. We found the service on Qantas to be much better, and it actually works out to be cheaper when you consider that you have to buy your refreshments on Virgin. With not being allowed to bring liquids on board anymore, it can get a little expensive buying the $4 bottle of water.
You do realise that even if you do your trade exam in Adelaide you will still have to write another exam for WA?
For accom, I would try Ozstays. We booked a beautiful house in Aldinga for our holidays when we first arrived through them. There is also the caravan park in Glenelg, but I can't remember the name of it right now.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You can try either Virgin Blue or Qantas. We found the service on Qantas to be much better, and it actually works out to be cheaper when you consider that you have to buy your refreshments on Virgin. With not being allowed to bring liquids on board anymore, it can get a little expensive buying the $4 bottle of water.
You do realise that even if you do your trade exam in Adelaide you will still have to write another exam for WA?
For accom, I would try Ozstays. We booked a beautiful house in Aldinga for our holidays when we first arrived through them. There is also the caravan park in Glenelg, but I can't remember the name of it right now.
The liquids rule only applies to international flights, not domestic.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:10 am
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. will get busy then on this wet sunday (another wet sunday!)

Dorothy: you mentioned he'd still need to do another exam for his electrical licence in WA, is your OH an electrician? we were told he could simply transfer the licence over, nothing else to do. If you know from experience something different i'd be interested to hear it.

Timing is really stressing me out. I'm thinking we should be in Perth for christmas so kids can get the usual gluttony of presents, would be difficult in Adelaide as we'd have to make sure we can transfer them on the flights with us...at this stage i'm thinking would be so much easier to settle in adelaide? Our heads are all over the place with choices and decisions to be made.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbdb
Thanks for the replies. will get busy then on this wet sunday (another wet sunday!)

Dorothy: you mentioned he'd still need to do another exam for his electrical licence in WA, is your OH an electrician? we were told he could simply transfer the licence over, nothing else to do. If you know from experience something different i'd be interested to hear it.

Timing is really stressing me out. I'm thinking we should be in Perth for christmas so kids can get the usual gluttony of presents, would be difficult in Adelaide as we'd have to make sure we can transfer them on the flights with us...at this stage i'm thinking would be so much easier to settle in adelaide? Our heads are all over the place with choices and decisions to be made.
No, my husband is not an electician, but in order to get his cabler's licence (to pull cable through attic spaces and walls) he had to write another exam here in WA, even though he had passed his SA one only 2 months before. He also had to redo his security licence, again only 2 months after getting one in SA. Try posting the question in the electicians area in the working abroad forum. I'm pretty sure they will need to write an exam based on WA standards, though. Alternately, try sending Wendy a PM. Her hubby is a sparkie and she lives in Adelaide. They also stayed at the caravan park in Glenelg, so she can give you the name.

As for the liquids thing, Virgin didn't allow us to bring our own water bottles on board when we flew from Perth to Adelaide with them in May. Can of pop for my son...$3. Water bottle for myself...$4. Lunch...I'd need to take out a mortgage in order to pay for it. We went hungry and bought lunch when we landed.