Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights in January, £1100?

Flights in January, £1100?

Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road
Default Flights in January, £1100?

I'm trying to get a 3 week return flight to Brisbane during January, is £1100 the best I can do?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights in January, £1100?

When in Jan did you want to leave?

Royal Brunei 16th Jan from LHR - £924

Etihad 29th Jan from MAN - £738 (also £858 on 22/1 and 24/1)

Last edited by bcworld; Dec 11th 2007 at 12:12 am.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:18 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cheapestflights.co.uk/Che...archResult.htm

Cheapest on 15th Jan with Singapore £763 LHR-BNE
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Good find

but its £953 if travelling with partner
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessy69
Good find

That probably means there is only one seat in the cheaper fare bucket at the moment.....you could ask a TA to waitlist you for another one - these things change all the time.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
That probably means there is only one seat in the cheaper fare bucket at the moment.....you could ask a TA to waitlist you for another one - these things change all the time.
Will try, is there a TA online to do this?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Will try, is there a TA online to do this?
No you won't be able to WL online - you'd need to speak to someone.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 1:30 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Try a combination of www.oasishongkong.com then...

Cathay Pacific Direct to Brisbane (look for fares on their Hong Kong site, they're cheaper than the AU site)

DragonAir to Kuala Lumpur, then AirAsia to the Gold Coast (about $300AUD return inc tax for AA, not sure about DA)

Flights from BNE to Japan are cheap on jetstar, you can try going via japan.

I reckon the price you've got is very exxy, but without more details I wouldn't be able to find a cheaper one sorry. Jetabroad.com might have some good fares from HKG to Brisbane too.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
but without more details I wouldn't be able to find a cheaper one sorry.
I'm leaving from any UK airport (probably, one of Londons) to Brisbane, for two people. Around the end of January for 3 weeks, perhaps Jan 15th - Feb 5th, though I'm flexible.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:15 pm
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

I'm leaving from any UK airport (probably, one of Londons) to Brisbane, for two people. Around the end of January for 3 weeks, perhaps Jan 15th - Feb 5th, though I'm flexible.
OK, flapping around and trying different carriers, the cheapest I can come up with is

£980 Per Person INCLUDING ALL Taxes.

So if BCWorld's price is inclusive of taxes go with that, but this is the cheapest I can get, and you have to go three different Airlines (Oasis to hong Kong, Cathay Pacific to Kuala Lumpur, Air Asia X to Gold Coast). Oasis needs to be booked by the 15th (so... Saturday!) to get the fare, too.

Here are the links:

http://www.oasishongkong.com/gb/en/f.../hotdeals.aspx
Oasis Air is flying £337 pp Return inc. tax LHR to HKG.
Need to book by 15DEC07, but the departure dates and max stays match yours (can't find max stay details, so it must be the departure range).

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...7&WAemail=HOME
This is in HKD, the fare you want is the 4840 Fare to Kuala Lumpur (because of Max Stay Restrictions)
Works out to £334 pp Return Inc. Tax (ridiculous when you put it next to the Oasis fare, but!)

Then Air Asia X (http://www.airasia.com) from Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast
£309 pp return including tax.

I didn't look at the times, but you can play about with the dates and times and get free stopovers (well, as in you don't have to pay the airline to spend a day here or a day there, but you have to pay for hotels) or just try and work it so you have the least layover time in the airport. All up, if you go from one to the next to the next, it should take about a day/day and a half.

Hope 'twas helpful January is a pain to find flights in though cause they're all full or shoulder!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:18 pm
Precociously Stupid

Oh, and use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
I didn't look at the times, but you can play about with the dates and times and get free stopovers (well, as in you don't have to pay the airline to spend a day here or a day there, but you have to pay for hotels) or just try and work it so you have the least layover time in the airport. All up, if you go from one to the next to the next, it should take about a day/day and a half.
...if you want stopovers then this kind of routing could be appropriate. Someone mentioned using Oasis to get to Perth via HKG & SIN the other day but the connections just didn't work so the total travel time was something like 42hrs. I wouldn't reccomend booking this combination if you have any tight connections en route as these flights will all have to be booked seperately and so if you miss a connection none of these airlines has any obligation to assist you. You will also not be able to through check bags from one flight to another so will always have to re check-in.

Oasis to HKG then onwards to BNE on Cathay or Qantas sometimes works out as a cheaper option but doesn't look good for anytime in Jan.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Good find

think yourself lucky, it costs a damn sight more than that to fly the other way round (i.e. Aus to UK and back)
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:01 pm
Precociously Stupid

Originally Posted by bcworld
...if you want stopovers then this kind of routing could be appropriate. Someone mentioned using Oasis to get to Perth via HKG & SIN the other day but the connections just didn't work so the total travel time was something like 42hrs. I wouldn't reccomend booking this combination if you have any tight connections en route as these flights will all have to be booked seperately and so if you miss a connection none of these airlines has any obligation to assist you. You will also not be able to through check bags from one flight to another so will always have to re check-in.

Oasis to HKG then onwards to BNE on Cathay or Qantas sometimes works out as a cheaper option but doesn't look good for anytime in Jan.
I agree with that (though I don't know much about re-checking in with the luggage).

My way would work if you plan it carefully, don't carry 50KG each and have a good sense of adventure.

Or if you're absolutely broke and *determined* to save the extra cash.

Otherwise, pay the extra hundred or so quid and take the direct, comfortable flights.

Oh, Korea Air is meant to be cheap (on fares & taxes), but I didn't check their flights.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, I heard Singapore airlines are nice also, so I'll try them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.