Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights from here to UK

Flights from here to UK

Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Flights from here to UK

Hi

Does anyone know of anywhere that we can get decent priced flights back to UK for our jollies. About had a heart attack when I looked at the prices. Isn't there an ebookers of Oz type thing?

Help or I'll never see my mummy again.....................

thanks
Diane
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:29 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights from here to UK

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Hi

Does anyone know of anywhere that we can get decent priced flights back to UK for our jollies. About had a heart attack when I looked at the prices. Isn't there an ebookers of Oz type thing?

thanks
Diane
Try Flight Centre

Best to talk to them directly though.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:14 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks
Diane
Just had a few Pommie papers given to me , the prices for flights from the UK are far cheaper than flying to the UK from Australia , the holiday sections in all 3 papers I read are 20 times bigger than what you get in Australia and holidays / flights are dirt cheap compared to what you get here.
I am affraid the market is here is tiny , so its suck it and see , all the travel agents are pretty much the same on price but Fight Centre promise to under cut any price you get so try a bit of bull.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 5:04 am.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Di try www.bestflights.com.au they are in perth but have a great website. Prices do not include taxes allow about $200 on top of each airfare.

With a family of four my biggest shock coming here was that it was going to cost me $10,000 every time I wanted to see my family.

Cheapest times to go over are usually October early Nov then late Jan and February.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 5:08 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Di try www.bestflights.com.au they are in perth but have a great website. Prices do not include taxes allow about $200 on top of each airfare.

With a family of four my biggest shock coming here was that it was going to cost me $10,000 every time I wanted to see my family.

Cheapest times to go over are usually October early Nov then late Jan and February.
Good site well worth a look , well done Dotty .

Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:56 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Hi

thanks
Diane
Have you tried your local travel agent?

When we were in oz returning to uk, we used the only travel agent in the small town we were in. They got us 2 singles for $900 including tax, and that was in the heady days of the 2.8 exchange rate. That made the flights £320, which was £100 cheaper than our singles to oz were.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Just had a few Pommie papers given to me , the prices for flights from the UK are far cheaper than flying to the UK from Australia , the holiday sections in all 3 papers I read are 20 times bigger than what you get in Australia and holidays / flights are dirt cheap compared to what you get here.
I am affraid the market is here is tiny , so its suck it and see , all the travel agents are pretty much the same on price but Fight Centre promise to under cut any price you get so try a bit of bull.
Treat the prices you see in the Pommie papers with a pinch of salt. I've been looking at prices for flights to NZ and about the cheapest I can find, for the dates I want, are nearly double some of the prices you see in adverts. They will be for restricted dates and/or several people travelling at once.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:19 am
Banned

Originally posted by PeteY
Have you tried your local travel agent?

When we were in oz returning to uk, we used the only travel agent in the small town we were in. They got us 2 singles for $900 including tax, and that was in the heady days of the 2.8 exchange rate. That made the flights £320, which was £100 cheaper than our singles to oz were.
HA, HA ,Ha you live in hope find one fare at less than $900 one way or shut your silly mouth up.
We had Aussie friend just back from the Uk pissed off because the fights there are so cheap compared to here and it would have been cheaper to have booked their short hops into Europe in the UK instead of in Aussie also return from London to Perth was a third cheaper than they paid from here.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 15th 2003 at 12:24 am.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Di,

I had a quote from the Flight Centre for $1400 with Malaysia Air, it was orginally $1550 but I told them it was cheaper to book thru my travel agent friend in the Uk and she knocked $150 off. Not bad...

Love Jo xx
Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:49 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Matt & Jo
Hi Di,

I had a quote from the Flight Centre for $1400 with Malaysia Air, it was orginally $1550 but I told them it was cheaper to book thru my travel agent friend in the Uk and she knocked $150 off. Not bad...

Love Jo xx

Thats 560 quid and thats a cheap flight here most are nearer $2000 plus you try earning $1400 after tax in Australia , as you pointed out if you can book in the Uk its far cheaper.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Thanks for all your input guys n' gals. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

Thanks for all your input guys n' gals. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Cheapest price we could get was Ticket Express ( Melbourne) on the internet.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:21 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Cheapest price we could get was Ticket Express ( Melbourne) on the internet.

Poor little refugee.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Poor little refugee.
The wifes ticket did say one way trips may need a Visa so she rang me to find out if it applied to her , I replied Yes all Scots should need one to enter England.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The wifes ticket did say one way trips may need a Visa so she rang me to find out if it applied to her , I replied Yes all Scots should need one to enter England.

Cold Chisel - Choirgirl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.