Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Europe

Flights to Europe

Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future
Default Flights to Europe

I am looking for a flight from Perth to Europe in October. Any idea where I can get the best deal?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:51 pm
I'm a Perthie!

coffeedrinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights to Europe

I use a website called bestflights.com.au

The company is based in Perth!!

Anyways, they collate all the major airlines into one big site, and are the issuing agents for the bookings that are put through the site.

I've used them before and they are very nice.

You'll find as you're looking @ October, that's off-peak for travelling to Europe, you'll get the best prices on tickets.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I use either Bestflights or Lastminute and then I check out Qantas - often, to my amazement, Qantas has some very competitive prices so I just add to the frequent flyer tally. October is a good time to go.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Am also looking to fly back to London in October and cannot believe the prices. Everything is quite a bit over $2000.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Am also looking to fly back to London in October and cannot believe the prices. Everything is quite a bit over $2000.
Yeap, that's what I found out too. First, the price seems okay, but then the tax comes on top of it
And it should be a off-peak season
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you fancy Garuda, it's been over 2K for quite a while now and with fuel the prices are just going to rocket. I was looking at Qantas end November and can get $2.4K I think from memory and was thinking that was pretty good!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:18 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates has plenty of options PER - LON - PER in October for about $1950...you just need to depart on or after 4th October.

Even the dreaded Qantas can be had for a shade over $2k.

Where have you been looking??

Last edited by bcworld; Jun 30th 2008 at 5:20 am.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Hmm I've checked a few places and can't see anything under 2.

Where did you see for under 2?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
Emirates has plenty of options PER - LON - PER in October for about $1950...you just need to depart on or after 4th October.

Even the dreaded Qantas can be had for a shade over $2k.

Where have you been looking??
I have been looking on the major airlines websites.
I actually need a flight Perth-Frankfurt (the price should be similar to LON).
Just thought that they may be better offers from e.g. travel agencies
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm I've checked a few places and can't see anything under 2.

Where did you see for under 2?
Emirates website.

http://www.emirates.com/au/english/d...=346308#346308
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Perthine
I have been looking on the major airlines websites.
I actually need a flight Perth-Frankfurt (the price should be similar to LON).
Just thought that they may be better offers from e.g. travel agencies
FRA should be a bit cheaper.....again after 4th Oct Emirates fare is about $1880.

Prices have certainly gone up...I paid $1950 Brisbane - Glasgow in September last year on Emirates.

Travel agencies often don't have any margin to play with on flights....they'll hope to make money through selling you insurance and land packages.

Last edited by bcworld; Jun 30th 2008 at 5:38 am.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Try Emirates, The middle east airlines have much lower taxes, I just had a quick look for October as my mum wants to fly from Perth to Europe and on the same day the taxes for emirates are $60, for Qantas they are $675.

Big difference, and Qantas taxes are going up again!

Mikey
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

FRA should be a bit cheaper.....again after 4th Oct Emirates fare is about $1880.

Prices have certainly gone up...I paid $1950 Brisbane - Glasgow in September last year on Emirates.

Travel agencies often don't have any margin to play with on flights....they'll hope to make money through selling you insurance and land packages.
Thanks. Emirates is a really good deal as you don't pay much tax in Dubai (Fare AUD 1770.00 + Taxes AUD 112.21)
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Perthine
Thanks. Emirates is a really good deal as you don't pay much tax in Dubai (Fare AUD 1770.00 + Taxes AUD 112.21)
Emirates includes its fuel surcharge in the base airfare....as all airlines should. It means you have to be wary when comparing prices, especially from agents as they will often quote exclusive of tax & surcharges....can make EK look expensive, even when inc taxes they are the cheapest option.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Emirates includes its fuel surcharge in the base airfare....as all airlines should. It means you have to be wary when comparing prices, especially from agents as they will often quote exclusive of tax & surcharges....can make EK look expensive, even when inc taxes they are the cheapest option.
That's like on the stock market. Emirates price is now gone up to $1955.21 and Qantas got a cheaper flight for $1977