Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights....AUS to UK!!!!

Flights....AUS to UK!!!!

Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:26 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights....AUS to UK!!!!

Right ...for all of us over here we know the prices and affording a flight back to the UK is well out of reach for a jaunt.

So trying to cut a very long long story short..... I have 12 and 14 yrs old who need to see the UK rellies from time to time, especially the ones who cannot visit here.

So month by month I phone Trailfinders, visit the local Flight Centre and I surf the net.

I am confused by the fact I cannot get a departure price past next March 31st 2005 from Sydney to London- cause the Airlines have not released the fares? But I can get a price UK to Aus for April next year?

Anyway not being allowed to wait till Oct to book cause the UK rellies need to know now when to book holidays for Easter! I am booking a flight for one child departing prior to 31st March.........and then

WoW....I have got a flight on Gulf Air for $1549 + taxes (usually $250 max) this will take him through 3 flights, SGP and Bahrain to London. I am thrilled, departure date is prior to 31st March...but sod it he he missing two weeks end of term at school?!

For further information I have since been shocked a little bit the Aus school holidays for NSW are 9th April - 23rd April but Easter falls on the 27th March so sending my son back for Easter to meet up with friends on holiday is a bit impossible! I think he has a cross over of a few days when his close mates are on holiday.

Hope this might have made sense for those who are looking for flights for school children.

Cheers
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights....AUS to UK!!!!

Originally Posted by Sandra
Right ...for all of us over here we know the prices and affording a flight back to the UK is well out of reach for a jaunt.

So trying to cut a very long long story short..... I have 12 and 14 yrs old who need to see the UK rellies from time to time, especially the ones who cannot visit here.

So month by month I phone Trailfinders, visit the local Flight Centre and I surf the net.

I am confused by the fact I cannot get a departure price past next March 31st 2005 from Sydney to London- cause the Airlines have not released the fares? But I can get a price UK to Aus for April next year?

Anyway not being allowed to wait till Oct to book cause the UK rellies need to know now when to book holidays for Easter! I am booking a flight for one child departing prior to 31st March.........and then

WoW....I have got a flight on Gulf Air for $1549 + taxes (usually $250 max) this will take him through 3 flights, SGP and Bahrain to London. I am thrilled, departure date is prior to 31st March...but sod it he he missing two weeks end of term at school?!

For further information I have since been shocked a little bit the Aus school holidays for NSW are 9th April - 23rd April but Easter falls on the 27th March so sending my son back for Easter to meet up with friends on holiday is a bit impossible! I think he has a cross over of a few days when his close mates are on holiday.

Hope this might have made sense for those who are looking for flights for school children.

Cheers
There is an introduction of 6 school terms in certain areas in the UK. If it is successful it will go nationwide. What it means will be Easter holidays are not guarenteed to be over Easter.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights....AUS to UK!!!!

Am now having a bit of a panic as we are also going back next easter and have held flights for 18th March thinking my daughter breaks up on the 25th March, I know they vary a little state to state but now think I may have got mixed up???? Also thought we only had a week for easter, do you get 2 in NSW?
Off to check QLD education site now!
Great price, ours are $1675 adult $1200 child with malaysian airlines from Brisbane (plus taxes of course)