British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/flights-aug-sept-whos-cheapest-537288/)

harrycharlie May 17th 2008 11:18 pm

Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
Hi
Has anyone got any idea on the cheapest company to fly to melbourne with from Birmingham.
There are 7 of us so we are trying to keep the costs as low as possible so far the cheapest was £4168.50 for 7 of us one-way same price from 11th Aug through september.

Anyone beat this? (there's a challenge)

bcworld May 18th 2008 1:50 am

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
How many adults? How many kids? How old are the kids?

Shhhhhh May 18th 2008 3:02 am

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
Did a quick websearch for 19. August

London to Singapore via Colombo with Sri Lankan - booked via srilankan.aero: 414 GBP
Singapore to Tullamore via Darwin with Tiger- booked via tigerairways.com: 403 SGD (150 GPP - Baggage allowance only 15 kg)
3920 GBP

So I'd say your fares are pretty competitive, no need to worry.
To check on airline quality have a look at http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm

harrycharlie May 18th 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 6364014)
How many adults? How many kids? How old are the kids?

2 adults plus 16 year old, 15 year old, two 12 year olds, 10 year old so with most air lines this is 6 adults and 1 child

tawkins1 May 18th 2008 4:48 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
Try www.ebookers.co.uk they seem to be the cheapest i've found :thumbsup:

Stuey26 May 18th 2008 5:16 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
We just booked one way lhr to Mel through IOM fly mid august with Quantas and 40kgs luggage each 509GBP each.

Rach25 May 18th 2008 6:30 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 

Originally Posted by harrycharlie (Post 6363821)
Hi
Has anyone got any idea on the cheapest company to fly to melbourne with from Birmingham.
There are 7 of us so we are trying to keep the costs as low as possible so far the cheapest was £4168.50 for 7 of us one-way same price from 11th Aug through september.

Anyone beat this? (there's a challenge)

We found dial a flight quite reasonable, 500 each, one way from London to Adelaide via Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific and we got 3 nights free in hotel when we arrive!! We rang them direct as website only seems to process return flights.

michell May 18th 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
am watching this thread with interest, we are hoping to go out Aug/sept

so any info greatly recieved

michell

ShoreyM May 18th 2008 6:52 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 
We fly Manchester to Perth on 12th Sept and booked with Singapore Airlines. There are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children 6 & 8) and it cost £1982. Hope that helps. (It's not the same route but thought it might give you and idea)

suzyambrose Jan 2nd 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Flights for Aug/Sept who's the cheapest
 

Originally Posted by ShoreyM (Post 6366061)
We fly Manchester to Perth on 12th Sept and booked with Singapore Airlines. There are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children 6 & 8) and it cost £1982. Hope that helps. (It's not the same route but thought it might give you and idea)



:ohmy: God you got a bargain! I can't find anything less than 2300k fom MAN-PER with singapore. Seeing what IOM come up with.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:21 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.