Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flights from 99 pound

flights from 99 pound

Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: flights from 99 pound

Originally Posted by cranni
Thanks, Carole, some people on here are soo rude lately, a couple of my friends have been really upset, by some on here. Im not upset, water off a ducks back to me, but you try to help, and some take the p, then you think twice about putting a new thread on here, i thought the whole point of expats was to help each other, must be wrong.
Anyway have a nice day al of you, glad ive provided some amusement for you
I know what you mean, I think some people get enjoyment out of it but it does get annoying especially when people are either giving help or trying to help others. You dont mind the banter from some and we all know who ha ha,
Carole
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:11 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
I know what you mean, I think some people get enjoyment out of it but it does get annoying especially when people are either giving help or trying to help others. You dont mind the banter from some and we all know who ha ha,
Carole
Really don't want to make a big deal out of this, but if I upset someone by trying to inject a bit of humour into the thread, then I sincerely apologise!!
The advise re: cheap flights was very welcome!
Perhaps a 'lighten up' excercise would help?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Really don't want to make a big deal out of this, but if I upset someone by trying to inject a bit of humour into the thread, then I sincerely apologise!!
The advise re: cheap flights was very welcome!
Perhaps a 'lighten up' excercise would help?
Excuse me but was your name mentioned?????????? and no we dont need to lighten up. Thank you
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:23 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Excuse me but was your name mentioned?????????? and no we dont need to lighten up. Thank you
Your welcome....I'll just go and sit in the corner and shut up now!

Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

None of my business, but methinks perhaps this person was merely stating their personal experience of a cheap flight, not making a personal attack on you!!
Bear in mind, opinions are like arseholes...we all have one and they all stink!!
I think it is good to have an opinion...it is what adds to a conversation and shows people every side of the coin!!
Chill out dude!
Im certainly not a dude, im married woman with 6 children.
What a horrible way with words you have. oh well it takes all kinds
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Im certainly not a dude, im married woman with 6 children.
What a horrible way with words you have. oh well it takes all kinds
Ladies, ladies......please?

I am trying my utmost here to remain calm. Firstly, I do not understand how the word 'dude' could offend anybody???? It was certainly NOT meant to be derogatory in ANY way and is well used amongst friends and many other people all over the world!

Secondly, I posted a picture of an aeroplane - t'was a 'joke' - Google definition:

jest, joke, jocularity
activity characterized by good humor

I can only assume you two got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

HEY DUDE.

As I said before was your name mentioned. And no I didnt get out of bed this morning how could I when the sun is shining and it is in the late 20s.

Carole

I am trying my utmost here to remain calm. Firstly, I do not understand how the word 'dude' could offend anybody???? It was certainly NOT meant to be derogatory in ANY way and is well used amongst friends and many other people all over the world!

Secondly, I posted a picture of an aeroplane - t'was a 'joke' - Google definition:

jest, joke, jocularity

Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:46 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa! I only popped in to see where the £99 flight went to!

I think I better leave before the fighting starts!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

jest, joke, jocularity

well DUDE means guy, im not a guy, last time i looked. but im not offended.
iVE HAD A REALLY NICE DAY THANKS. SO NOT IN A BAD MOOD AT ALL. PICTURE WAS NICE,
AS FOR FRIENDS, I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE, AND I CLASS YOU AS FRIENDS IN A WAY.
BUT THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS HAVE BEEN AWFUL ON HERE, NASTY TO PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWN AT THE MOMENT, AND I DONT MEAN YOU, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO THINK BEFORE YOU PUT A THREAD ON HERE, OH I MIGHT BE TAKEN THE P OUT OF BY SOMEBODY, I HELP AND GIVE ADVICE TO PEOPLE ON HERE ALL THE TIME, AND WOULD NEVER BE HORRIBLE TO ANYONE, NOT INTENTIALLY ANYWAY.
ANY WAY I HOPE THE ADVICE I GAVE WAS HELPFUL TO SOMEBODY. DENISE
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:05 am
Account Closed

I always thought of 'dude' as a term of endearment for either a male or a female!! Oh well, differences of opinion I guess!

I am still sat here scratching my head as to why I am getting it in the neck from you and Carole though?????

I posted a pic of an aircraft.
I stuck up for someone who posted his opinion of a bad flight (without attacking the OP in any way.
I used the term of endearment, 'dude'.

I fail to see how any of those things constitute the grief I am getting?

Ah well...............

Oh, and Cranni? Nobody was taking the P out of you!!! T'was a good post!

well DUDE means guy, im not a guy, last time i looked. but im not offended.
iVE HAD A REALLY NICE DAY THANKS. SO NOT IN A BAD MOOD AT ALL. PICTURE WAS NICE,
AS FOR FRIENDS, I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE, AND I CLASS YOU AS FRIENDS IN A WAY.
BUT THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS HAVE BEEN AWFUL ON HERE, NASTY TO PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWN AT THE MOMENT, AND I DONT MEAN YOU, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO THINK BEFORE YOU PUT A THREAD ON HERE, OH I MIGHT BE TAKEN THE P OUT OF BY SOMEBODY, I HELP AND GIVE ADVICE TO PEOPLE ON HERE ALL THE TIME, AND WOULD NEVER BE HORRIBLE TO ANYONE, NOT INTENTIALLY ANYWAY.
ANY WAY I HOPE THE ADVICE I GAVE WAS HELPFUL TO SOMEBODY. DENISE
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

just in case anyone is interested - i have actrually done that flight with britannia - i found it fine - yes the seats are only 30" pitch - & yes there are 2 stops - i found this good as you had a good few hours to stop & stretch your legs. i would not recommend this flight to people who have small children as the to-ing & fro-ing can be a pain in the bum. if you are young , broke, not 6ft 2 & not fussed how many times you get on & off a plane they are ideal!!

well thats my opinion anyway!!
ttfn

pootle26

btw if you are only paying $199 for the flight - you will have loadsa money left over to pack a huge feast to eat on the plane - so it doesnt matter if the food is crap - most airline food is anyway!"!!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Thats me stuffed then!!

6'3" here............

Gonn have to take some tips from this 'dude'!

Originally Posted by pootle26
just in case anyone is interested - i have actrually done that flight with britannia - i found it fine - yes the seats are only 30" pitch - & yes there are 2 stops - i found this good as you had a good few hours to stop & stretch your legs. i would not recommend this flight to people who have small children as the to-ing & fro-ing can be a pain in the bum. if you are young , broke, not 6ft 2 & not fussed how many times you get on & off a plane they are ideal!!

well thats my opinion anyway!!
ttfn

pootle26

btw if you are only paying $199 for the flight - you will have loadsa money left over to pack a huge feast to eat on the plane - so it doesnt matter if the food is crap - most airline food is anyway!"!!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future

You should be careful though.

If the airline goes bust - like Air Paradise did yesterday then
you ain't gonna get a refund:

http://indcoup.blogspot.com/

So I'd be careful if I were you!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:13 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by darwinlad
You should be careful though.

If the airline goes bust - like Air Paradise did yesterday then
you ain't gonna get a refund:

http://indcoup.blogspot.com/

So I'd be careful if I were you!!!!
Air Paradise went bust because of the huge drop in number of Australian travellers to Bali due to terrorist attacks in the past few years.

Austravel is part of TUI UK Limited, which is the group that owns Thomson Holidays, Britannia Airways, Lunn Poly etc. So it's not quite likely that the airline Britannia Airways or the group will go bust easily, well, at least not in the near future anyway.

Mrs JTL

P.S. There I go again, forgot to log ADL out...

Last edited by A dogs life; Nov 25th 2005 at 8:15 am.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:48 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats me stuffed then!!

6'3" here............

Gonn have to take some tips from this 'dude'!

:scared: that film used to frighten me to death when I was a kid :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.