British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   flights from 99 pound (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/flights-99-pound-339391/)

cranni Nov 24th 2005 11:11 pm

flights from 99 pound

my mum just called, she said flights from 99 pound with Austravel.
To Perth, book today fly tomorrow. Check it out.

diddy Nov 24th 2005 11:48 pm

Re: flights from 99 pound

Originally Posted by cranni
my mum just called, she said flights from 99 pound with Austravel.
To Perth, book today fly tomorrow. Check it out.

http://www.austravel.com/perth

Just found it - that's amazing.

jad n rich Nov 25th 2005 12:29 am

Looks like we can do it too, as usual its way more expensive from australia :mad: the 99 becomes $539 on most dates and you have to add $350 approx in taxes.

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bi...indetails=7195

Pollyana Nov 25th 2005 12:47 am

Which airline though?? Is it someone with 15 stops and vey small seats, or someone worth travelling with? :rolleyes:

jad n rich Nov 25th 2005 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which airline though?? Is it someone with 15 stops and vey small seats, or someone worth travelling with? :rolleyes:

The Oz link gives the airline, charter flight brittania thompson somethng or other, 30 inch seat pitch, 2 stops for refuel.

Trevglas Nov 25th 2005 5:04 am

I once picked up a cheap charter flight ticket from the UK to Sydney (with Airtours), and it was the worst flight of my life.

Things started to go wrong even before takeoff, when they told us we had to buy the headphones for the entertainment, and also all of our drinks

The food was pants, basically I reckon they bought a job lot of stale British Rail sandwiches: they were like roofing tiles.

We had seats directly in front of a bulkhead, but since they had crammed so many seats on the plane, we couldnt recline ours (thanks to the bulkhead)

The padding on the seats was 1cm thick, and 3 hours into the flight, everything went numb.

My wife managed to collect huge bruises on the oinsides of both her legs: one leg copped it on the seat armrest getting up, and the other copped it getting back into her seat

This was the only flight I had been on where everybody cheered when we finally touched down in Sydney.

Luckily our return flights were with Cathay and BA: there would have been no way I would have flown back with this company.

Wol Nov 25th 2005 5:14 am

I don't know what the current cost of kerosine is, but UK - Oz must cost one or two hundred £ per seat. Not really much future in selling the seat for £99...

(Oh, I forgot to add - you need to buy the airplane, pay the landing fees, pay the overflying fees, maintain the thing, possibly even pay a few staff too. Probably not worth getting insurance though....

ROBnCAZ Nov 25th 2005 5:24 am

Hey, I just called them to find out which airline they use.....

Wouldnt tell me but did send me a pic of the plane! Take your own lifejackets and sandwiches:

http://www.koolhoven.com/history/fk26/albessard.jpg

cranni Nov 25th 2005 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Trevglas
I once picked up a cheap charter flight ticket from the UK to Sydney (with Airtours), and it was the worst flight of my life.

Things started to go wrong even before takeoff, when they told us we had to buy the headphones for the entertainment, and also all of our drinks

The food was pants, basically I reckon they bought a job lot of stale British Rail sandwiches: they were like roofing tiles.

We had seats directly in front of a bulkhead, but since they had crammed so many seats on the plane, we couldnt recline ours (thanks to the bulkhead)

The padding on the seats was 1cm thick, and 3 hours into the flight, everything went numb.

My wife managed to collect huge bruises on the oinsides of both her legs: one leg copped it on the seat armrest getting up, and the other copped it getting back into her seat

This was the only flight I had been on where everybody cheered when we finally touched down in Sydney.

Luckily our return flights were with Cathay and BA: there would have been no way I would have flown back with this company.

why dont you just look and see who the flights are with.
You think you are helping people, letting them know, and this is the thanks you get. And if the food is crap, you can take something with you, most of the food is crap anyway whether you are payng 99 or 600 dollars.

Wol Nov 25th 2005 5:32 am

Now I KNOW why you paras jump out!

ROBnCAZ Nov 25th 2005 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Now I KNOW why you paras jump out!

Safest bloody way mate, I can tell you!!!! You wanna see some of the transit vans with wings I've flown in!!!!!!!

Give any Para the choice of an airfield landing with an RAF pilot or jumping, and see what he chooses!! :D

At least when you jump, your fate is in your own hands!!!! :D

ROBnCAZ Nov 25th 2005 5:42 am

why dont you just look and see who the flights are with.
You think you are helping people, letting them know, and this is the thanks you get. And if the food is crap, you can take something with you, most of the food is crap anyway whether you are payng 99 or 600 dollars.

None of my business, but methinks perhaps this person was merely stating their personal experience of a cheap flight, not making a personal attack on you!!
Bear in mind, opinions are like arseholes...we all have one and they all stink!!
I think it is good to have an opinion...it is what adds to a conversation and shows people every side of the coin!!
Chill out dude!
:) :)

caroledouglas Nov 25th 2005 5:52 am

I agree with you. If I could have got a flight for £99 I wouldnt care how many stops I had or what the food was like.
Carole :)

cranni Nov 25th 2005 5:59 am

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
I agree with you. If I could have got a flight for £99 I wouldnt care how many stops I had or what the food was like.
Carole :)

Thanks, Carole, some people on here are soo rude lately, a couple of my friends have been really upset, by some on here. Im not upset, water off a ducks back to me, but you try to help, and some take the p, then you think twice about putting a new thread on here, i thought the whole point of expats was to help each other, must be wrong.
Anyway have a nice day al of you, glad ive provided some amusement for you :)

Buzzy--Bee Nov 25th 2005 6:02 am

Thanks, Carole, some people on here are soo rude lately, a couple of my friends have been really upset, by some on here. Im not upset, water off a ducks back to me, but you try to help, and some take the p, then you think twice about putting a new thread on here, i thought the whole point of expats was to help each other, must be wrong.
Anyway have a nice day al of you, glad ive provided some amusement for you :)

Well I appreciate your advice even if others don't.

Cheers

Buzzy