Flights

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all
Default Flights

Ok, very naive here, so please excuse my lack of knowledge...

If the flight has only 1number, does that mean that you get straight back on the same plane after the brief stop?

Do you take all your belongings off?

Cn you buy food, drinks at Singapore?

What is terminal 3 at heathrow like with kids? I.e anywhere to eat etc?

How soon before the flight have you got to the airport?

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights

In red.

Originally Posted by Mummy3

If the flight has only 1number, does that mean that you get straight back on the same plane after the brief stop? I think so.

Do you take all your belongings off? Even if it were two planes, you would generally not need to pick up your bags and recheck, it would be done for you. If you travel via the US then you often do need to pick up baggage and recheck it.

Cn you buy food, drinks at Singapore? Err yes..

What is terminal 3 at heathrow like with kids? I.e anywhere to eat etc? It isn't the best terminal, my heart generally sinks if I know I am going via T3.

How soon before the flight have you got to the airport? I usually get there 3 hours before.

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:00 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you'll probably get back on the same plane. Even so, you will generally take all your carry on luggage off with you as the aircraft is cleaned.

With 1 flight number you can only be talking about QF or BA flights...with any of those options there is more than enough time to visit the shops / eat in the terminal.

I don't mind T3...plenty of decent eating options these days.

I'm flying back to MEL on QF10 tonight...fortunately my upgrade request has cleared overnight!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes, you'll probably get back on the same plane. Even so, you will generally take all your carry on luggage off with you as the aircraft is cleaned.

With 1 flight number you can only be talking about QF or BA flights...with any of those options there is more than enough time to visit the shops / eat in the terminal.

I don't mind T3...plenty of decent eating options these days.

I'm flying back to MEL on QF10 tonight...fortunately my upgrade request has cleared overnight!
I wish I had your FF points (and knowledge on how to get them and best use them) Have a luxurious trip
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

If the flight has only 1number, does that mean that you get straight back on the same plane after the brief stop?

Thanks
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Changi...
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the flight plan is that you're only one the one aeroplane, things can change. If you're just stopping for a fuel stop you can leave everything in your seat. Changi has to be one of the most passenger friendly airports in the world, have no fear of not finding food and drink.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you're just stopping for a fuel stop you can leave everything in your seat.
I think this varies between local airports and airlines. But I have read that SIN (now?) requires everything to be taken off the aircraft. Hence duty free bought at LHR will be more than likely be confiscated at SIN.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I got stung last week.

Brisbane to Dubai

Dubai to Manchester.

Wasnt informed about stop at Singapore, everyone off the plane, through security, took drinks off us etc, back on the plane same seat. Had to take everything off with you. So annoyed. Wasnt on my itinery but was on others that I asked..
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think this varies between local airports and airlines. But I have read that SIN (now?) requires everything to be taken off the aircraft. Hence duty free bought at LHR will be more than likely be confiscated at SIN.

Yep, its an airport security rule now at Singapore that all hand luggage should be taken off the plane. If you get to leave anything on its extremely unusual and against airport regs, never mind airline.

Enjoy QF10, half empty when I last flew out, pure bliss!!

Thanks
Be prepared to take ALL your hand luggage off the plane, but your hold luggage will go all the way through, no need to worry about that

Singapore (Changi) is a lovely airport - loads of space for kids to run around, plenty of shops and cafes, and helpful staff too. They take plastic for everything - you can also use £ or $ but your change will be in local currency.

LHR Term 3 isn't as bad as it used to be, several eateries there and while its not a patch on Singapore it isn't the hell it was about 4-5 years back.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Have flown in and out of changi but it was a long time ago, wasnt sure if you were put in a holding area, we were in KL a number of years ago and couldnt access food, that's why I asked.
Yes QF10, so please let me know how it was, we are next Monday.

Thanks for your polite replies
It's been a long time since I flew and never with kids...
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

megancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nice

Singapore has got to be one of my favourite airports, and I've been to a few! I had an 8 hour stopover on my way to Oz and part of my was dreading it but it was fantastic! Free internet/tv there are plenty of places to entertain the kids, there was even a free cinema which killed several hours! Also lots of places to eat and drink!

T3 at LHR is ok. You generally have to be there at least 2 hours before, but by the time you have checked in, cleared security, wandered around the shops, bought a book for the plane and had your last cup of decent tea the time flies!!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

megancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nicemegancphillips is just really nice

Have flown in and out of changi but it was a long time ago, wasnt sure if you were put in a holding area, we were in KL a number of years ago and couldnt access food, that's why I asked.

I don't know how old your kids are but they should be ok on the flight, especially if it's split with a loyover! As I said above there is plenty to do in Singapore, and on the plane there are loads of films for them to watch, games to play and lots to eat!

Good luck!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

QF10 is a breeze Almost always the same aircraft (and the same seat) on both legs. When you get to Singapore, take all your hand luggage with you and as you leave the aircraft the crew and ground staff will tell you which gate to reboard at, and what time. Screens everywhere that you can check it on. And Changi is very different now, open and calming
Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
QF10 is a breeze Almost always the same aircraft (and the same seat) on both legs. When you get to Singapore, take all your hand luggage with you and as you leave the aircraft the crew and ground staff will tell you which gate to reboard at, and what time. Screens everywhere that you can check it on. And Changi is very different now, open and calming
If its the same aircraft all the way through then its normally the same gate that you reboard at.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sassie
If its the same aircraft all the way through then its normally the same gate that you reboard at.
Generally yes - though I have known them take a plane out of service, only happened once to me but that was QF9 (the equivalent flight going north) - I was expecting the same gate but they changed it cos the the aircraft change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.