Flights

Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Flights

Have been checking out the price of one way flights tonight online, it appears that a return flight to the UK is only about £100 more expensive than a one way flight. Has anyone immigrating over bought a return flight then sold the return when they got to Oz. We are not planning on going back to the UK for a couple of years after we arrive so would make sense buying a return ticket then selling the return for a couple of hundred pounds when we get there. Had priced the cost of a return from Brisbane to Glasgow and was v.shocked at the price...bbasically£1000+ depending on the time of year you wish to fly.

Debbie
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Royden7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights

If you try to sell an unused return ticket, won't you and the buyer have a problem where the buyer's name differs from that on the ticket? Also is it possible the original ticket is somehow linked to your passport number?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Have been checking out the price of one way flights tonight online, it appears that a return flight to the UK is only about £100 more expensive than a one way flight. Has anyone immigrating over bought a return flight then sold the return when they got to Oz. We are not planning on going back to the UK for a couple of years after we arrive so would make sense buying a return ticket then selling the return for a couple of hundred pounds when we get there. Had priced the cost of a return from Brisbane to Glasgow and was v.shocked at the price...bbasically£1000+ depending on the time of year you wish to fly.

Debbie
Hi Debbie

with long haul flights you cannot do name changes i tried to do this and it is simply not allowed don't know if you can do this though buy the return ticket then when you get here cancel the ticket and you MAY get a not bad refund

Billy
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:41 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

I looked into this as well!

I am an australian who moved to the UK 3 years ago and when I came I wanted to buy a return ticket because it wasn't much more expensive than a one way.

the problem is that you can't chqange the name on the ticket - you have to supply the name and passport number when you book and thats who the ticket is for!

Other problem is that if you buy return you have to use the return component within 12 months of arriving!!!

the best deal I could find was through STA travel. they would sell me a return ticket with a flexible date for return within 18 months! Thats what I took in the end and went back for a visit within the 18 months anyway!

I am returning to Australia to live in August and have booked one way!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:44 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissydeb

Debbie
Hi Debbie

Buy one way and never look back