flights

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Default flights

Am trying to book flights from Glasgow to Brisbane. Have found Singapore quite reasonable from London onwards. I want to fly from Glasgow to London on a seperate (cheaper) ticket. Are there any local airlines that will transfer my bags onto Singapore Airlines? Dont want to have to lug cases between London terminals. BMI dont seem to, not sure about BA.
Anyone tried this?

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flights

Originally Posted by GreenTea
Am trying to book flights from Glasgow to Brisbane. Have found Singapore quite reasonable from London onwards. I want to fly from Glasgow to London on a seperate (cheaper) ticket. Are there any local airlines that will transfer my bags onto Singapore Airlines? Dont want to have to lug cases between London terminals. BMI dont seem to, not sure about BA.
Anyone tried this?

Thanks
As you will be connecting to an international flight, I think you will find that you will have to collect your bags in London and re-check them in.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone tried this?

Thanks
Assuming you're flying GLA to LHR, and LHR to SIN, the check-in staff at GLA will check your bags straight through to SIN as long as you have the ticket for the LHR to SIN flight. Unless of course regulations have changed along with the tighter security measures at all the airports.

Once you arrive in LHR, you can just go straight to the Singapore Airlines counter, to check yourself in, i.e. getting seat allocation and boarding pass, without having to lug your cases around.

Regarding the cheaper tickets, did you see them on the web? If so, you can possibly try ringing a travel agency, tell them the prices you found (for both flights), and see if they can match them so that all your flights are on one set of tickets. As BMI and Singapore are both members of the Star Alliance, you may possibly be able to get your LHR boarding pass when you check in at GLA.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:58 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If you speak to SIA directly its quite possible that they will simply book you a domestic flight anyhow. When I fly Virgin Atlantic back to the UK, they only fly from Sydney and not Brisbane, so they throw in a domestic flight to Sydney in the price.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Anyone tried this?

Thanks
I know BMI wouldn't check ours through. We had to collect them and then check in again. TBH it wasn't a problem -- we flew from heathrow and the terminals were close and well signposted.....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Anyone tried this?

Thanks
Emirates fly direct from Glasgow to Brisbane with an 8.5 hour stop over in Dubai, which they give you a free room to sleep in Dubai.

Much easier than flying to London.

Bobby