Wikiposts

Flights

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Try Airline Network because you can get a quote online. As I said it depends on your date of travel - I would suspect on your dates in June that the lowest price seats are already gone (more chance of getting them in May). Just enter Birmingham and your destination and 2 adults and 1 child here and see what it comes up with. Ebookers took over Travelbag so presumably they would quote the same.

http://www.airline-network.co.uk

OzTennis

Just got a quote, Manchester to Adelaide 1st March £1174 EACH with singapore airlines - 3 stopovers. Singapore Airlines price £1897 for ALL 4 of us only 1 stopover. Just goes to show how much they charge you in commission
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:14 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Well I've tried Travelbag, I've tried Trailfinders, I've tried Ebookers, I've tried loads! But I just cant get lower than £1512.20 (trailfinder) for the flights, can't touch it. Bloke at Trailfinders said that was a good price and I wouldn't get cheaper.

That's for 2 adults 1 child from Birmingham in June. I asked him if there was a cheaper time to travel and he said April to June are the cheapest.

So all you lot with low fares are very very luck monkeys!
Royal Brunei Airlines, London to Perth, in March, is 500 GBP per adult and 375 GBP per child. Can be booked directly through their website - www.bruneiair.com and you can even choose your seats there & back, online.

Only thing is you would have to take a train or bus or drive to Heathrow.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:14 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Try Airline Network because you can get a quote online. As I said it depends on your date of travel - I would suspect on your dates in June that the lowest price seats are already gone (more chance of getting them in May). Just enter Birmingham and your destination and 2 adults and 1 child here and see what it comes up with. Ebookers took over Travelbag so presumably they would quote the same.

http://www.airline-network.co.uk

OzTennis
Thanks OzT, tried them but no cheaper. Everyone seems to be coming up the same price.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:17 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks OzT, tried them but no cheaper. Everyone seems to be coming up the same price.
Clippies - I suspect it is also that you are trying to start from Birmingham. Honestly, if cost is the main issue, it might well be cheaper to get to London (it's not that far!) and fly from there?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:23 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Clippies - I suspect it is also that you are trying to start from Birmingham. Honestly, if cost is the main issue, it might well be cheaper to get to London (it's not that far!) and fly from there?
Well Heathrow is 3 hours and Gatwick is a nightmare. Even so it would have to be a lot cheaper for us to consider London - at least £300 cheaper and from what I've seen it isn't. Once you've considered the extra travelling time and the cost of parking and the fact that we have a 4 year old who is gonna be tired enough after the long flight from Oz - Birmingham is favourite! Well we'd consider Manchester at a push, we can get there in about an hour or hour and a half maybe, depends on traffic. Can get to Birmigham in 25 minutes so that's a big difference
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, we've booked one of the Qantas specials for June - headline rate £487 to £499 for Melbourne but that's from LHR. We're going from Manchester (live in south of Scotland) so it is closer to £570 each with the MAN-LHR return add on. (Glasgow dearer) As far as I am aware Emirates charges the same/similar for departures from Glasgow and the rest of the UK.

OzTennis
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

Well we'd consider Manchester at a push, we can get there in about an hour or hour and a half maybe, depends on traffic. Can get to Birmigham in 25 minutes so that's a big difference
You're likely to get a good deal from Manchester as Emirates, Malaysian and Singapore are all fighting for customers flying from there.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavinrobertson
You're likely to get a good deal from Manchester as Emirates, Malaysian and Singapore are all fighting for customers flying from there.
One point to note which might be relevant is that Emirates and Singapore fly daily from MAN, Malaysia don't (3 times a week - in 2005 anyway).

OzTennis
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

My hubby flew with Emirates last year. He highly rated them and is booking our tickets at this very moment. Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:34 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LesleyM
My hubby flew with Emirates last year. He highly rated them and is booking our tickets at this very moment. Good luck.
Flew with Emirates and Singapore and only hicup was with Singapore baggage on 2nd leg when they wanted to suddenly take our Singapore verified emigration excess of us.

Didn't think there was much between them.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 2:15 pm
womble

Well Heathrow is 3 hours and Gatwick is a nightmare. Even so it would have to be a lot cheaper for us to consider London - at least £300 cheaper and from what I've seen it isn't. Once you've considered the extra travelling time and the cost of parking and the fact that we have a 4 year old who is gonna be tired enough after the long flight from Oz - Birmingham is favourite! Well we'd consider Manchester at a push, we can get there in about an hour or hour and a half maybe, depends on traffic. Can get to Birmigham in 25 minutes so that's a big difference
up to you *shrug*
I was just trying to help explain that it is cheaper to fly from LHR than Birmingham but yes, you do have to factor in transport costs to get to the airport as well. Is parking free at Manchester then?
When we flew from Heathrow, we would either catch the train there, or book an overnight hotel room for say 99quid but it then included free parking.
as I said, though, ultimately it is up to you. as much as I'd like to I cant wave my magic fairy wand and get cheap seats from Birmingham!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:16 pm

up to you *shrug*
I was just trying to help explain that it is cheaper to fly from LHR than Birmingham but yes, you do have to factor in transport costs to get to the airport as well. Is parking free at Manchester then?
When we flew from Heathrow, we would either catch the train there, or book an overnight hotel room for say 99quid but it then included free parking.
as I said, though, ultimately it is up to you. as much as I'd like to I cant wave my magic fairy wand and get cheap seats from Birmingham!
Alas parking is not free at Manch, but we can get a lift there and picked up so that makes it no dif. Been chatting to some agents and they said they can't get any cheaper from London or Manchester - I was at an agents yesterday and was shocked to see the different prices for the same flight, ranged from just over £500 to nearly £2000 - economy on the same flight! She said they release the seats 11 months beforehand, there are so many seats at different prices - to get the cheapest you have to book 11 months in advance. She couldn't touch the prices I'd got. Spoke to trailfinders yesterday and she said no cheaper from Manch or London really, so we're sticking with Brum. We've done that hotel parking before when we went to Hawaii as the only flight we could get went from Gatwick and back to Heathrow - was cheaper to stay in hotel with free parking than to pay parking separately. Ended up not sleeping anyway with the most bizarre jetlag

P.s. You should take your magic fairy wand back if it's not working
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

malaysia airlines, london heathrow to perth via kula lumpa = £360 one way. 30 april.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked ours with emirates for April
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:15 pm
womble

Originally Posted by hilary6
Just booked ours with emirates for April
April!?

oh, well in that case, I can get you (or YOU can get you) return price with RBA of 425 quid per adult, 319 quid per child!

for LHR-PER

I dont work for this airline, honest! and it does have its pros & cons, but it really is the cheapest I've found.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.