Wikiposts

Flights

Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Question Flights

Hi All

Has any one flew with Emirates
If so can you let me know what their like good or bad

Beth
Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:57 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi All

Beth
There's loads of threads on here about flights, just do a search for Emirates or good/bad airlines, flights etc, and Im sure you will find loads of info.

Jo
Old Jan 21st 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi All

Beth

We just flew back from the UK to Sydney with them....The initial flight from Manchester to Dubai was on a fairly basic plane....All have individual tv's but you could not stop and start films (as with virgin - who are amazing!)...They had good food and ok seats....then at Dubai we had a little delay but the plane was great from Dubai to Sydney....Bigger seats, touch screen tv with TV/films on demand, great food and good service. Throughout the Dubai/Sydney flight they came around and cleaned the toilets, gave out lots of food and drinks and were generally quite helpful. Good food too!

Unfortunately due to someone big chief passing away in Dubai a lot of the baggage crew were in mourning so we didn't get our bags for 4 days after we arrived back home....but that could happen to any airline....so yep, they were good.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 1:37 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

We've flown Emirates both ways and found them to be v. good
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We flew Emirates last year on a recce.

My wife and kids flew emirates last week.

We found them very good and the entertainment on the TVs on their airbus aircraft was very good too............loads of games and films and music.

The food was good, the legroom in economy was good so al in they were good.

PLUS..........if you emigrate with them on a one way ticket you get 40kgs baggage allowance......if you tell them at booking.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:44 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh I'm interested in this too - just found return flights to Perth from Birmingham for Me, Mr Clip and Clip Jnr £1526 changing in Dubai - cheapest I've found for June.

That's with Emirates, they seem much cheaper than everyone else.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:10 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ooh I'm interested in this too - just found return flights to Perth from Birmingham for Me, Mr Clip and Clip Jnr £1526 changing in Dubai - cheapest I've found for June.

That's with Emirates, they seem much cheaper than everyone else.
Hi Clippies

Dont know if this is good but we have went and got
2 flights with Emirates with 1 stopoff.
Glasgow to Dubai then Perth for £419.00 each including taxes and fees.
Thats for the 5th of May

Thats the cheapest we could find and thats with

Expedia.co.uk

Beth
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:31 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi Clippies

Dont know if this is good but we have went and got
2 flights with Emirates with 1 stopoff.
Glasgow to Dubai then Perth for £419.00 each including taxes and fees.
Thats for the 5th of May

Thats the cheapest we could find and thats with

Expedia.co.uk

Beth
Hi beth, my quote was from expedia too - just tried again to try and get cheaper but can't get anywhere near your fare! You're very lucky
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

Hi beth, my quote was from expedia too - just tried again to try and get cheaper but can't get anywhere near your fare! You're very lucky
I've always found Trailfinders to be cheaper than any of the online flight retailers.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by gavinrobertson
I've always found Trailfinders to be cheaper than any of the online flight retailers.
I did look at those but you can't get quotes online. I'll give them a call later though, see what they can do
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

gavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant futuregavinrobertson has a brilliant future

I did look at those but you can't get quotes online. I'll give them a call later though, see what they can do
Just checked, the flights we've booked for the end of this February through Trailfinders for a shade under £1300 for the three of us come up at £1300 PER PERSON on Expedia!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Hi,

We are flying with emirates on March 16th from Birmingham to Perth and for 2 adults and 2 kids it has cost £1590, booked that through travelbag.

Claire
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates are the best airline we've used to Oz (6 times so far); tried Singapore, Qantas and BA more than once; Malaysia, Cathay and Lauda (now Austrian) once. Emirates fly from UK to Dubai in smaller Airbus planes (2-4 or 5-2 config) then jumbos to Oz. For us they are the only airline to fly direct from Glasgow (no touch down at LHR) which is a bonus.

FWIW we found Malaysia to be 2nd best and they had a seat sale starting the weekend but you have to get in quick - there are only a small number of economy seats on each flight at the 'headline rate'.

BTW it was Sheikh Makhtoum etc who died (like the Queen here!)

OzTennis
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:34 pm

Well I've tried Travelbag, I've tried Trailfinders, I've tried Ebookers, I've tried loads! But I just cant get lower than £1512.20 (trailfinder) for the flights, can't touch it. Bloke at Trailfinders said that was a good price and I wouldn't get cheaper.

That's for 2 adults 1 child from Birmingham in June. I asked him if there was a cheaper time to travel and he said April to June are the cheapest.

So all you lot with low fares are very very luck monkeys!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've tried Travelbag, I've tried Trailfinders, I've tried Ebookers, I've tried loads! But I just cant get lower than £1512.20 (trailfinder) for the flights, can't touch it. Bloke at Trailfinders said that was a good price and I wouldn't get cheaper.

That's for 2 adults 1 child from Birmingham in June. I asked him if there was a cheaper time to travel and he said April to June are the cheapest.

So all you lot with low fares are very very luck monkeys!
Try Airline Network because you can get a quote online. As I said it depends on your date of travel - I would suspect on your dates in June that the lowest price seats are already gone (more chance of getting them in May). Just enter Birmingham and your destination and 2 adults and 1 child here and see what it comes up with. Ebookers took over Travelbag so presumably they would quote the same.

http://www.airline-network.co.uk

OzTennis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.