Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight to UK return

Flight to UK return

Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:50 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flight to UK return

Originally Posted by CasG
I may have to go back to the UK for a short visit soon
Can anyone suggest a place to get a cheap flight ...I've done a search, but the cheapest available seats I've seen for March are $1800
hi just a bit of advise book your flight now , if you leave it till last minute it will and is going up , try and avoid easter .

I have just done a quick search for you on a live airline system and at the mo vietnam airlines are cheapest at $1282.00 and then you have to add taxes on ....

hope this helps

kez x
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:53 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie
hi just a bit of advise book your flight now , if you leave it till last minute it will and is going up , try and avoid easter .

I have just done a quick search for you on a live airline system and at the mo vietnam airlines are cheapest at $1282.00 and then you have to add taxes on ....

hope this helps

kez x
Thanks to you too ....thats the problem isn't it...the taxes ....

Might try booking through an English site...get my Mum to...has anyone tried that??
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:09 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

Might try booking through an English site...get my Mum to...has anyone tried that??
no dont do that it will be more !!!!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

hey let me know if you get a good deal - I am trying to book a single return for April 4th and the cheapest I have is $2367 Singpapore
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
hey let me know if you get a good deal - I am trying to book a single return for April 4th and the cheapest I have is $2367 Singpapore
When you consider that Oil prices have dropped by at least 20 pct in the last 4 months, makes you wonder how long it will be before at least some prices drop. I suppose we are only one terrorist threat or one certain middle east crisis away from them going back up again though.

Whats happened to these super planes (air bus) that take over 600 people, they were supposed to drop prices as well, plus supposedly having the capacity to fly direct from Perth to London.

I'd call 1500 bucks return very good value, if they could maintain that price, and consider travelling a lot more often.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
When you consider that Oil prices have dropped by at least 20 pct in the last 4 months, makes you wonder how long it will be before at least some prices drop. I suppose we are only one terrorist threat or one certain middle east crisis away from them going back up again though.

Whats happened to these super planes (air bus) that take over 600 people, they were supposed to drop prices as well, plus supposedly having the capacity to fly direct from Perth to London.

I'd call 1500 bucks return very good value, if they could maintain that price, and consider travelling a lot more often.

Me too - this is my 1st visit back to UK to see my family and I have to fly from Sydney - if I punch in Canberra - the prices are even higher - so I will be getting the coach ($15 deal up instead)
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:04 am
Account Closed

I'd consider $1500 great value too....and they do exist, I've seen them ....then they slap on $500 tax.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'd consider $1500 great value too....and they do exist, I've seen them ....then they slap on $500 tax.

LOL, nah but seriously, I would curtail other holidays, and stick to Europe at that price.

Oh only in May/June/July or August though Can't think why anyone would consider going at any other time of year.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:12 am
Account Closed

LOL, nah but seriously, I would curtail other holidays, and stick to Europe at that price.

Oh only in May/June/July or August though Can't think why anyone would consider going at any other time of year.
I would much rather go then ....got any spare cash E?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would much rather go then ....got any spare cash E?

Shas, my wife has, She's up in Castlemaine spending it, as I type dammit . At least the kids are with her, and the house is quiet and mine till Saturday evening..... Yipeee

Hope your trip goes ok
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Shas, my wife has, She's up in Castlemaine spending it, as I type dammit . At least the kids are with her, and the house is quiet and mine till Saturday evening..... Yipeee

Hope your trip goes ok
Good on her !!

Hopefully I won't need to go until nearer the end of the year...but if needs must, I'll go earlier...but only if I HAVE to.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

[QUOTE=ozzieeagle;4296591]Whats happened to these super planes (air bus) that take over 600 people, they were supposed to drop prices as well, plus supposedly having the capacity to fly direct from Perth to London.
QUOTE]

The Airbus 600 is experiencing delays in production - the problem they say is in the wiring for the entertainment system, I have heard however that the problem lies with the wings cracking where they are joined to the fuselage so it may be a very long delay for airworthiness certificates
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sandra
Hi CagG

Family and I have travelled back and forth on a number of occasions with a number of airlines, and I have just booked my flight today Sydney->London.

I have been using Flight Centre for the past three years as they have the price promise. Find it on the internet and then they beat the price. Trouble with the cheap tickets is that very very often the internet prices quoted are not always there when you try and book on line.

I am flying the 2 March with Virgin for 2177.18 including all taxes and charges.

I know this does not sound cheap when you are trying to get the flights for 1800 but I always throw into the mix the flight details and stopovers which can add to expense or loss of time at destination.

Gulf Air can be ok but will take two stops and often the stop over in Bahrain is five hours (ok for a shower and book reading). Thai is old planes and no backseat tellies but loads of leg room. I try and fly Singapore/Gulf/Malysian and Cathay for cheapness, will not go to JAL (24 stopover Japan), Austrian (pain flying through Vienna at times). I have not tried China airways or Vietnam but to be honest do not like the transfer and flight times.

This will be first time I have flown Virgin from Australia (did them to the states a few times) so heres to finding them good. The cost and flight times were just perfect for me for this trip which can mean more than a few hundred dollars.

My recommendation is go into a flight centre and get them to do the leg work on the computer for you

Good luck with finding the right flight for you.

PS I will be flying again later this year so always on the search for cheap tickets. Let me know if you get any bargains for Sydney way
I have looked at flying back 30th May for 2 weeksand found singapore direct are cheaper than flight centre ( $2076.60 V's $2305.00 ) and the price promise only goes for websites that are fully Australian

Martin
Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

snorkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
Hi Davie

we flew with Cathay Pacific a year ago when we emigrated to Qld. No problems whatsoever with them. Stopped off in Hong Kong for hours, went for somethig to eat and drink in the airport, had showers to frshen up and change clothes and had a look around airport shops. We flew cattle class, but asked fofr bulkhead seats which gave us a few inches more leg room.
Cheers

BB
just going to book it now cheers BB
Old Jan 18th 2007, 11:46 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
I have looked at flying back 30th May for 2 weeksand found singapore direct are cheaper than flight centre ( $2076.60 V's $2305.00 ) and the price promise only goes for websites that are fully Australian

Martin
Never had that issue ? Flightcentre have always beat any price I have found including direct airline website ones.

Obviously in the small print that they can trot out if they cannot match the fares! Typical but I will watch more carefully.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.