Reload this Page >

Flight time to Sydney

Wikiposts

Flight time to Sydney

Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight time to Sydney

Just looking at flight options and was wondering if anybody knows the flight time from LA to Sydney and anybody know if internal flights in Oz are expensive ie sydney to Perth

Thanks
Diane
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:16 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight time to Sydney

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Just looking at flight options and was wondering if anybody knows the flight time from LA to Sydney and anybody know if internal flights in Oz are expensive ie sydney to Perth

Thanks
Diane
Internal flights are much cheaper than they used to be...try www.qantas.com.au or www.virginblue.com.au

I've just booked a flight from Brisbane to Syd for $100 one way, if that gives you any kind of an idea. With some international flights you get a couple of free internal flights included - worth asking at the time of booking
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bundy
Internal flights are much cheaper than they used to be...try www.qantas.com.au or www.virginblue.com.au

I've just booked a flight from Brisbane to Syd for $100 one way, if that gives you any kind of an idea. With some international flights you get a couple of free internal flights included - worth asking at the time of booking

That sounds really reasonable .I will have a look at both of those websites.Thanks very much

Diane
Old Oct 14th 2003, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

I just booked a flight from Melbourne to Sydney, it cost $75 one way.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bundy
[/url] or www.virginblue.com.au

Just looked at this website is it anything to do with Mr Branson
I wonder

Diane
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:29 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dibrucewillis
[/url] or www.virginblue.com.au

Just looked at this website is it anything to do with Mr Branson
I wonder

Diane
It certainly does.

Once upon a time, internal flights were hideously expensive and offered only by Qantas and Ansett. Ansett died, Qantas was king. And then along came Mr Branson with his cheap airline (a la EasyJet etc) and transformed internal flights. These are now cheap, convenient, easy to book on line and altogether much better.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The flight time is 14 hrs 25 mins from SF to Syd- I know as we are flying this route in Jan!

We are then taking an internal flight with Virgin blue for $84 each from SYD to BRIS. If you want to fly via the States you may have to do this as United and others don't go to BRIS.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Hi Diane

I did it once years ago with nrthwest airlines, it took about 12 or 13 hours from lax -syd and i didnt enjoy it one bit, american carriers lack the finesse of far eastern or european carriers.

Hope this helps

Lynn
Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Lynn

We are only considering it as an option,as hubby has said he would like to visit Florida one last time.
So I have just been having a browse at multiple destinations across the states.
Internal flights within the USA are really cheap
I,m not so sure about flights from the USA to Australia though.I will have to delve deeper

Diane

Originally posted by lynnj
Hi Diane

I did it once years ago with nrthwest airlines, it took about 12 or 13 hours from lax -syd and i didnt enjoy it one bit, american carriers lack the finesse of far eastern or european carriers.

Hope this helps

Lynn
Old Oct 14th 2003, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi tina

Are you flying direct to San Francisco?

Diane
Originally posted by tinaj
The flight time is 14 hrs 25 mins from SF to Syd- I know as we are flying this route in Jan!

We are then taking an internal flight with Virgin blue for $84 each from SYD to BRIS. If you want to fly via the States you may have to do this as United and others don't go to BRIS.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 8:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If you book your internal segment separately I would hate to think what the reaction would be with the 62kg allowance from the US.

Perth Sydney flights are not that cheap but getting better.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by bondipom
If you book your internal segment separately I would hate to think what the reaction would be with the 62kg allowance from the US.

Perth Sydney flights are not that cheap but getting better.
Good point, although Qantas internal flights seem to allow 30kg per person - not quite 62kg, but better than the piddly 20kg non-USA flights offer.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:14 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quantas Baggage allowance

Good point, although Qantas internal flights seem to allow 30kg per person - not quite 62kg, but better than the piddly 20kg non-USA flights offer.
You are allowed 1 32kg piece with Quantas Domestic Economy

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...ggageAllowance