Reload this Page >

Flight Tickets Dilemma!

Flight Tickets Dilemma!

Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default Flight Tickets Dilemma!

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can advise? I have some air tickets booked for December to Perth as we were originally going there on holiday for 3 weeks. However, now that we have our visa we do not need the return leg of the journey and have since found out that we could have saved ourselves around £800 by just obtaining one way migrant tickets. An option for us would have been to get a name change on our tickets and our inlaws would have brought them off us, and we could then purchase one way’s, yet Malaysian tell me they are unable to do this!! They say we can only do a refund (don’t know how much we will lose!) and then rebook! It seems crazy! I just wondered if anyone had had a similar situation? BTW we did book the tickets on a special offer at the beginning of the year.

Jo
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight Tickets Dilemma!

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Hi All

Wonder if anyone can advise? I have some air tickets booked for December to Perth as we were originally going there on holiday for 3 weeks. However, now that we have our visa we do not need the return leg of the journey and have since found out that we could have saved ourselves around £800 by just obtaining one way migrant tickets. An option for us would have been to get a name change on our tickets and our inlaws would have brought them off us, and we could then purchase one way’s, yet Malaysian tell me they are unable to do this!! They say we can only do a refund (don’t know how much we will lose!) and then rebook! It seems crazy! I just wondered if anyone had had a similar situation? BTW we did book the tickets on a special offer at the beginning of the year.

Jo
Hi Jo,
Did Malaysian give you a reason why they names can't be changed over?
Why do things always seem to be so complicated?
Hope you can get it sorted out. £800 is a lot of money to lose.
Whisky
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Airline tickets are normally non transferrable. You may be able to change to return date as a just in case I have to pop back to UK insurance policy. I guess you should ask Malaysian what the cancellation fees are. My guess is they are about the price of a one wayer.