Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight and stop over to PERTH

Flight and stop over to PERTH

Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Flight and stop over to PERTH

We have our house sold now and will probably be going out to Perth in Jan/Feb

One thing we are looking to do is make the most of the journey down to Perth by stopping over at a couple of places. I have looked at flying Air asia from Stanstead (2 adults & 2 full price kids 4&5) for £959 which is awsome (1 way) to Kuala Lumpur. Then fly Tiger airlines for peanuts via Singapore to Perth. Total about £1450 for 4

My questions are:

1) We would like to spend a few days stop over somewhere or even 2 places with plans to do some sightseeing and some good clothes shopping. Kuala lumpur/singapore any good?

2) Are there any websites/agencies that can assist with sorting out flights/hotels in 2 locations en-route?

I still need to research if we need VISA's to stay in Kuala Lumpur for a few days if we just fly out direct without booking an onward flight straight away. If not I could just book Tiger airlines flights to Perth when online out there!!

Any advice would help - thanks in advance
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flight and stop over to PERTH

From memory, you don't need a visa for KL. There isn't much to do in KL. After the towers and the shopping mall underneath, I was just a bit underwhelmed by the city. That said, I always think it is great to experience different places as what I get from somewhere will be completely different to you.

There will be agencies who can help you but they only do what you are capable of yourself so do a bit of research - tripadvisor is a great starting place.

We thoroughly enjoyed Singapore. Good weather, hotels and shopping and the sightseeing was pretty good too.

I think there is a train link between KL and singapore too.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight and stop over to PERTH

Can't really add anything as I don't know the answers to your questions, but just wanted to say that Singapore is a really lovely place and definately worth a visit. Make sure to visit Sentosa - the kids will love it (ours certainly did).

Have a good journey. Over to others now.