Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight prices from Belfast to Brisbane

Flight prices from Belfast to Brisbane

Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight prices from Belfast to Brisbane

Hi was doing a bit of shopping yesterday in the Buttercrane in Newry and thought I would price the flights, so for 2 adults and 2 children 5 and 7 flying from belfast, to heathrow with Aerlingus, Heathrow to Brisbane via Singapore with Qantas the total price was £2286. This is going on 14th August 2010 thought it was very reasonable, this was priced in Thomas Cooks, what do you think?

Thanks
Al
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flight prices from Belfast to Brisbane

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
Hi was doing a bit of shopping yesterday in the Buttercrane in Newry and thought I would price the flights, so for 2 adults and 2 children 5 and 7 flying from belfast, to heathrow with Aerlingus, Heathrow to Brisbane via Singapore with Qantas the total price was £2286. This is going on 14th August 2010 thought it was very reasonable, this was priced in Thomas Cooks, what do you think?

Thanks
Al
Don't think you'll better that price!!
Have you considered flying to Glasgow? Emirates fly daily to OZ from there.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming we're talking one-ways there is also Etihad out of Dublin:

Works out about 2,120 GBP on 17th August.

I would check out what the situation is with Aer Lingus and checking bags through...I'm not sure they still do it as they are no longer in the OneWorld alliance.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi thanks for the replies i don't know much about Eithad, are they any good and what is the food like, remember we are flying with two young boys. We have flown with Qantas before and thought they were brilliant and also went with Emirates from Melbourne to Dubai who were also very good. The price is for one way. I know with Aer-lingus we will have to check our luggage again, have had to do it in the past, a bit of a pain but not a major problem.

Thanks
Al
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:53 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
Hi thanks for the replies i don't know much about Eithad, are they any good and what is the food like, remember we are flying with two young boys. We have flown with Qantas before and thought they were brilliant and also went with Emirates from Melbourne to Dubai who were also very good. The price is for one way. I know with Aer-lingus we will have to check our luggage again, have had to do it in the past, a bit of a pain but not a major problem.

Thanks
Al
Actually I had a look and if the flights are booked on a single ticket Aer Lingus will check your bag in at Belfast all the way to Brisbane. I'd say the major advantage of Etihad here is not having to go via Heathrow...although the connection should be slightly better now that Qantas flies from T3 instead of T4. I'm sure Etihad will do kids meals like everyone else and is also used to catering for westerners.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks just had a look at etihad, was very impressed, and yes they cater very well for children with pre-bookable kids meals and seem to have a very high standard, if we can avoid Heathrow all the better as was difficult the last time with two very young boys who were 18mths and 4yrs, and Dublin airport is only an hours drive from us.

Thanks again
Al